Jack Points and Jack Stand Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Points and Jack Stand Points

Alright, I have been a huge reader of this forum for forever... so I guess you can call me a lurker my brother has a G6 my sister has a G6 and now I Just bought a G6 GT 2007. Anyways I have seen a couple of post on jack points etc but I think we need to make a topic with pictures and exact spots for where we should use a Floor jack and Jack stands or if you are using the included jack and jack stands. I have a uncle that is a mechanic that says you really shouldn't leave the G6 on jack stands at the spots on the side where the tack weld is where you would put the manufacture jack for changing a tire. He said there are stronger points by the control arms that would be good to leave it on jack stands for a couple of days if not longer without causing any type of frame issues. Anyways I was wondering if anyone has a complete picture or a diagram of the undercarriage/body of the G6 so we can locate and color where you can use a floor jack and put jack stands for our G6's I think a stickied topic with a diagram would do wonders for the community and for others like myself that may not be very good at identifying parts once I get under a car but I can identify them if they are on a table but not assembled into the car... I am not a self proclaimed expert and I just don't want to be damaging my frame when painting my calipers etc and doing other work.

So to sum this up does someone have a diagram of the undercarriage that we can attach and make a guide for where the best spots to put jack stands are etc...? Sorry about the wall of text just this has been driving me crazy and I didn't even sleep very well with my G6 in the air on jack stands where I wasn't sure if it was good to have them.

Re: Jack Points and Jack Stand Points

The left and right rear are right by the arrows just a little further back.

Rear Right Side

Rear Left Side

Front (Right by the sticker)

Lunch breaks are the heroes of my stomache!
    Mods:

Comment

^those pics are good for reference

However I don't think anything like that has been created because jacking up a vehicle is pretty self explanatory.

IF using the stock jack you can use the stock jacking points indicated by ARROWS on the lower rockers.

IF using a floor jack and jackstands its basically look under the car and determine the stongest jacking point and secondary place to place each jackstand.

Also depending on what you are working on a jackstand in say "A" place may be in the way and would have to be adjusted to "B" place. In other words a generalized guide on how to jack up your car may not work for everyone.

NOT TO MENTION:
      That may leave this site open to a liability if someone did say they used the "guide" for jacking their G6 up and it ends up falling and injuring/killing them.

just my thoughts on the matter
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Well for the whole if it falls on you that honestly is so not anyone's fault here... its either your own or the equipment your using's faults. As for that being a issue you just put a disclaimer stating that if anything is to go wrong it is not G6 Performance or its members fault/ nor are they liable. As for it being self explanatory yes that is true but making sure you are doing it completely right for the best performance and to make sure you don't screw up your frame well that's a different story... I mean on my Ford E250 that is real self explanatory but on this car its hard to tell where the sturdy parts are because of how low it is.

Btw thanks for the pictures that makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Also typically if you put the floor jack on a sturdy part of the front or rear suspension you're good to go and that leaves you enough room to put the jackstand about anywhere since the jack is out of the way.

If I remembered correctly doesn't the G6 have sort of an engine cradle that goes across the bottom of the engine? I could have sworn I used to lift the entire front of the car on a brace somewhere......
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
            Also typically if you put the floor jack on a sturdy part of the front or rear suspension you're good to go and that leaves you enough room to put the jackstand about anywhere since the jack is out of the way.

If I remembered correctly doesn't the G6 have sort of an engine cradle that goes across the bottom of the engine? I could have sworn I used to lift the entire front of the car on a brace somewhere......
            You can see the thing that goes around the engine in this picture.

Lunch breaks are the heroes of my stomache!
            Mods:

Comment

as long as its not rusted appart the pinch weld (the part the arrows point to) will work. thats where all vehicles get lifted up on the hoists at work and there has NEVER been a problem

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Is there any way for me to see the pictures, i really need to find jack stand points?

Comment

Originally posted by gunman1158 View Post
                  Is there any way for me to see the pictures, i really need to find jack stand points?
                  Under the front frame or the front and rear suspension.......

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
                  1972 F100
                  1978 Twinstar
                  1992 Miata
                  2014 Mustang

Comment

Working...
                  X