Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharkfin antennas

Hi

I'm looking to fit a DAB Sharkfin antenna to my G6, and was aware of OnStar and XM Sharkfins fitted to earlier models. The question is, how does the wiring for these get back inside? I've read comments about the wiring being placed through one of the windshield surrounds, but is this correct or am I in need of a hole drilled through the bodywork?
    2007 G6 Sedan GT
    Electric Blue, Ebony/Morocco Leather Interior
    Sun and Sound
    UK Road Legal, rear high intensity fog light, yellow rear turns signals, separate front side lights.

Re: Sharkfin antennas

On mine, I don't see how the wires can't go through anything but the top of the car. So I'm pretty sure you're going to have to make a small hole in the roof.
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

I don't have a shark fin antenna but I have a regular XM antenna and there are no wires leading into my windscreen so I would have to guess that if you don't already have a hole for it, you'll have to drill in the roof or find another way.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

I don't have a shark fin antenna but I have a regular XM antenna and there are no wires leading into my windscreen so I would have to guess that if you don't already have a hole for it, you'll have to drill in the roof or find another way.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
          I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
            hush you I got an internal server error which led to it posting twice on its own

Comment

sure you did...

jk

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
              I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

lul post whores for the win.

I agree with everyone else, you'd have to drill a small hole in the roof for the wires. Not really a big deal just make sure its sealed once everything is installed and you should'nt have any issues what so ever
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

and make sure you clean the surface of all metal shavings!
                  My Car Domain
                  Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

I've been in the roof, there is a hole about 1/4" that all the wiring comes through on the quad antennas...
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

heh, your trying to get a shark fin and i wanna lose the one i have.... sucks that theres a hole in the roof for it or that sucker would be long gone!!!
                      09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

I think I just found a better solution for DAB!

That is on the assumption our FM antennas in the rear window aren't amplified!
                        2007 G6 Sedan GT
                        Electric Blue, Ebony/Morocco Leather Interior
                        Sun and Sound
                        UK Road Legal, rear high intensity fog light, yellow rear turns signals, separate front side lights.

Comment

Working...
                        X