How big of a wheel can I go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big of a wheel can I go?

I was wondering if a 245/35/Z20 rim for the front and a 255/35/Z20 for the rear would fit on the 6? I think they will but I'm not sure if the wheel will rub or the offset is too negative.

A 255/35-20 works all the way around according to another member (Bigrich IIFC), at least on a GTP and GT.
    04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
    Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Re: How big of a wheel can I go?

Originally posted by dabeast365
      I was wondering if a 245/35/Z20 rim for the front and a 255/35/Z20 for the rear would fit on the 6? I think they will but I'm not sure if the wheel will rub or the offset is too negative.
      If you get 255's on there, we want pics!
      You can get 20's on there no problem. I know, cause there are pics on this web site.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Re: How big of a wheel can I go?

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
        If you get 255's on there, we want pics!
        You can get 20's on there no problem. I know, cause there are pics on this web site.
        There already are pics on the site.

255/35-20
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4733
        04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
        Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Yep, lol. Sorry BigRich, I forgot all about you.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Just wondering, why the bigger rear tires? Cornering is much better with wider tires in front on a front heavy FWD car... Just wonderin....

Oh, you can fit 245s, but 255s may be cutting it close.
            2007 G5 Base Model
            Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

Working...
            X