subs under the front seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subs under the front seats

so this is just an idea i got while sitting here... is it possible to install custom sub boxes under the driver and passenger seats. i have 2 12" jlw3 in in the trunk already. im getting 2 10"cvr's and an amp for free. like i said this is just an idea i havent even seen the amount of vertical space ill need to mount the subs. but if not ill just make some custom boxes and add them to my trunk. lol. I have access to any tool i need plus more so whats your thoughts.

Re: subs under the front seats

It all depends if you have power seats vs the height of the subs.

Comment

probably not with cvr subs, you would need a really shallow sub like the kicker cvt or something like that. the cvr's have huge magnets, probably extend back about 6 inches maybe more.

Comment

Even if they fit they would be annoying to you when you're driving imo. I had a sub under the rear seat in my truck and it shook and vibrated the person sitting there like crazy.
        2008 Black GT Sedan
        20% front tint, 5% rear, 50% whole windshield/GTR exhaust/blacked out tails/black projectors with HID/crab fenderwall intake/
        gxp wheels/red calipers/black arrowheads/12" Kenwood subwoofer/MSU license plate bracket and chrome S

Comment

There is no where close to enough room. I had a hard time fitting my amp under my passenger seat. Not to mention once the sub is down there you need a box and enough airspace. I put an 8" woofer in my center console and was still cheating for enough air space.

Keith

__________________________________________________ _________________
          Current Mods:e-badged, Re-q5, Custom sub console, Tinted Tails, Custom fiberglass woofer box. 2 Memphis PR's
          In Progress:: Katskinz... Half way there! Painted trim

Comment

Originally posted by asquarecan View Post
            There is no where close to enough room. I had a hard time fitting my amp under my passenger seat. Not to mention once the sub is down there you need a box and enough airspace. I put an 8" woofer in my center console and was still cheating for enough air space.

Keith
            This. ESP if u had power seats it would just be a no. You might be able to get a shallow mount in there. but that would literally be it, no box haha. just the sub.
            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Subaru makes a sub for under the seats for the Forester, it comes in a small box.
              Clickey

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

i wonder if there are any medical implications in this? what happens if over time your wreck your colon or prostate? lol i know it's wierd but constant sonic waves cant be good for your insides, especially if it was focused at your butt
                09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

Thats why you only put one under the passenger side... ;-)

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                  I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Here's a way to fit 4 or 5 12 inch subs under your seat:

CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by auquier View Post
                      Here's a way to fit 4 or 5 12 inch subs under your seat:

Abra Cadabra!
                      "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment