Overhead console for eyeglass storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead console for eyeglass storage

Since I wear glasses, I really miss the handy storage for eyeglasses that my old car (Grand Prix) had in the overhead console. Of course, now I've got a G6 coupe with the sunroof... and no eyeglass storage.

So I was wondering, is there any replacement part for the overhead console in the G6 that would have an eyeglass holder? I don't have the On-Star, so my console has just the two overhead lamps... it looks like there's room there.

I doubt that there's an existing GM part for this, but if there's enough interest, then maybe a custom part could be made.

Take Care,
    GraniteGrey
    Trust me, I'm a professional!

why not use the one under the radio? or if you're looking for a clip-type thing you can buy those in an auto store and attach it to the ceiling or visor.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
      why not use the one under the radio? or if you're looking for a clip-type thing you can buy those in an auto store and attach it to the ceiling or visor.
      I put my cell phone and some other junk in there... as for the visor clip, that's OK, but not nearly as nice as the storage I had with my old Grand Prix.

Comment

sometimes you have to settle...
        KO

Comment

Originally posted by Vroom
          sometimes you have to settle...
          Yep... the G6 is a step up in many ways. I miss the heads-up display and the eyeglass holder, but everything else is as good or better than the Grand Prix (it was a '97 GT and had 300,000 km when I got my G6).

Comment

I just keep mine in their case and put them in the arm rest console.

Comment

that would be a neat idea though, if somehow you could cut away the lil area above those lamps and put a lil plastic storage thing...but prolly too much work just for glasses
              what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

Working...
              X