rear suspension on a sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear suspension on a sedan

I have a question about the rear suspension on the g6.I wanted to lower the back to make it sit level with the front do they sell any lower springs?I dont like the rake look and i think that it would look good leveled out.I definitely dont want to lower the front.I also wanted to know if the springs can be purchased seperate?Or if they came in a kit with the front and rear together.I also wanted to beef the suspension up to they sell energy suspension components for the g6?Thanks for ure help.

I think you'll throw off the balance of the suspension if you only lower the back. Some other G6er brought this up a few months back.
    Check your local speed shops if they can get you seperate springs.
    You shoulda got the GT, or the GTP. They have stiffer suspension than the base.
    Try searching.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

If i bought the drop spring set for both the front and the rear will it be as stiff as the gt's suspension?Thanks for the help.

Comment

I figured the sport package would include a better suspension.

Comment

The only way to lower only the back would be to cut the springs or get only springs for the back. But... do you really want to do that? Part of the good looks of the G6 is its "rake" look, where the front looks lower than the back. Usually people want to lower the front for aerodynamics/handling.

I may be wrong on this but the aftermarket springs for the 6's fit base and GT.. so I would assume any aftermarket/performance springs should be stiffer than the GT/GTP suspension.
          2007 G5 Base Model
          Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

If you measure the rear of the car sits the same hight as the front.
            Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

Working...
            X