Battery??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery??????

so my battery went out today for some odd reason and i was wondering what kind of battery should i get i want something that help with my crank and support my dual 12 inch subs any suggestio???? also i was looking into the lightweight batterys are they any good???
    and why do AC Delco die out quick??

Re: Battery??????

because GM owns AC Delco...

Comment

Originally posted by G6KinG19
      so my battery went out today for some odd reason and i was wondering what kind of battery should i get i want something that help with my crank and support my dual 12 inch subs any suggestio???? also i was looking into the lightweight batterys are they any good???
      and why do AC Delco die out quick??
      because your pulling more power then the alternator can recharge your battery. I have had the same battery since I bought the car Aug of 05. I suggest running a slightly larger amp with 1 decent size capacitor or 2 smaller ones. to help on the draw of power from the subs when they hit. also with running a dual 12" subs probably try a yellow top

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
        because GM owns AC Delco...

are you sure? i thought they were split off like 10 years ago into there own seperate company but still provide pretty much everything to GM

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

^^ didnt know that.... (no sarcasm i really thought that)

but it is just OEM garbage...

kinda like the Hankook tires that come on the car. Hankook are good tires but the ones we got junk. that is because it is purchased in LARGE volumes

Comment

My previous Vehicle was a brand new 1999 Chevy Blazer, I immediately installed an Optima Yellow Top, and it lasted nearly a decade without ever having to charge it until I got my Malibu last year. I wholly recommend one. That includes a full aftermarket stereo installation with stock alternator and loud music
            Mods: Full Crab Intake and FPU kit, GT-R Exhaust
            Summer Hopes: Bottom ram air snorkel, Aftermarket radio, Design a small out-of-sight stealth sub box (no trunk), Tinted windows
            Next Year: Performance rotors and pads, extra monitors in headrests in addition to the stock console screen

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
              kinda like the Hankook tires that come on the car. Hankook are good tires but the ones we got junk. that is because it is purchased in LARGE volumes
              You guys had hankook tires? I had Uniroyal Tigerpaws... and hated them!
              COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
              Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
              MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
              Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

really yellow top is really good how much do they go for??? and what about lightweight batterys i heard they work wonders is that true?????

Comment

^they're not cheap, they are the spiral batteries I think they used to be called with 4-6 cylindrical compartments making up the battery. The top is litterally colored red or yellow-you can find them at your local auto parts stores
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

so ur saying it might cost me around 200 for one of those??

Comment

Originally posted by G6KinG19
                      so ur saying it might cost me around 200 for one of those??
                      not sure of an exact price, never bought one myself but I've always seem them-Optima is the brand name. Just hit your local parts store and take a look at them!
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

alright thanks i will

Comment

I have 3 12" subs, i havent run into any problems yet. are your subs the brand DUAL or where u just saying that you have 2 12" subs????

Comment

Working...
                          X