Headers on LX9 - installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers on LX9 - installed

So i was reading a post by a gentleman on G6OC and he was talking about all he did to his car, skeptic as i am, i asked for pictures....

Well here is a great BLOG about his Malibu....

READ THIS

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Re: Headers on LX9 - installed

Nice find. To bad the link for way the bue is better than the six didn't work LOL

So the main problem with the headers is the 02 censor not matching up?
    That goes over my head.... And i wonder who is going to tune it? Hmmm
    My Progress thread
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

It can be done and they do make them. They are an OBX brand and they suck. As far as the o2 thing I know you can buy an extender, I just had to do that for my friends Regal. Headers where a pain needless to say.

Comment

look dood... i am not saying that it cant be done. and i have experience with OBX and i think they were garbage because the flanges warped. i had a header on my LL0 that was turning 7-8K that shit gets hot. plus nitrous... yum...

anyways i was just starting the fire... i hope that people here with the LX9 see this and it working so people get some on their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
          look dood... i am not saying that it cant be done. and i have experience with OBX and i think they were garbage because t flanges warped. i had a header on my LL0 that was turning 7-8K that shit gets hot. plus nitrous... yum...

anyways i was just starting the fire... i hope that people here with the LX9 see this and it working so people get some on their cars.

Start the fire? If the headers suck and they warp and people read this why would they want to install a bad product. Just a question....

Comment

because most of those ppl dont do there homework and they buy off impulse
            Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
            JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

So if the flanges were warped you couldn't have them ground down smooth? I would have done that first. Obx are hit and miss.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

1994 Civic - 1995 240SX - (GTO sold)
              There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

He needs an intake....
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                  He needs an intake....
                  yes he does...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRedDemon
                    look dood... i am not saying that it cant be done. and i have experience with OBX and i think they were garbage because t flanges warped. i had a header on my LL0 that was turning 7-8K that shit gets hot. plus nitrous... yum...

Start the fire? If the headers suck and they warp and people read this why would they want to install a bad product. Just a question....
                    I think his point is that under normal use the headers might be fine for us.
                    DONE: debadged, cold air intake, Crimson Crab, red painted calipers and black painted rotors, painted engine and battery cover, eyelids, black emblem overlays, 235/55R16 tires, Raceingline engine mounts, Raceingline strut tower brace, Black recessed upper grilles.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjonsrt
                      Originally posted by DarkRedDemon

I think his point is that under normal use the headers might be fine for us.

Why would you get headers if you don't plan on running the motor hard or to race?

Comment

less strain on the motor and better exhaust flow.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

This guy is a little weird.. looking for little things and calling them problems... like removing mudflaps to have less drag??? I mean it can't make that much of a difference...

But I have to agree the stock brakes on the 6/bu were shit.
                          COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
                          Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                          MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
                          Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Why would you get headers if you don't plan on running the motor hard or to race?

Originally posted by zlatsky
                            less strain on the motor and better exhaust flow.
                            better MPG and better sound. To be honest if I wanted to dump that kind of money in my G6 thats the only reason I would do headers.
                            DONE: debadged, cold air intake, Crimson Crab, red painted calipers and black painted rotors, painted engine and battery cover, eyelids, black emblem overlays, 235/55R16 tires, Raceingline engine mounts, Raceingline strut tower brace, Black recessed upper grilles.

Comment

Working...
                            X