Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting wiring issue covered under warrenty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting wiring issue covered under warrenty?

Hey all,

I had an issue where my courtesy lights keep going out while I was still under warranty. The original dealer I took it to said that it was because my vanity mirror cover had broken off, and the design of the visor made that more common. So they replaced the visor and fuse and it worked for a while. It blew again after the car was out of warranty, so I took it to another dealer, and they traced the actual problem to a bad wire above the headliner. It's going to cost at least $300 to fix it. Is there anyway I could get it covered under warranty, since the first dealer did not properly diagnose or correct the issue?
    Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
    Originally posted by schenko
    If I could have a woody, I would.

Re: Getting wiring issue covered under warrenty?

very unlikely you will get this covered... unless you just went out on your warranty then they may let it slide through. Since it was fixed and your had no problems for a little while it will be considered 2 different causes to the issue. You can try to fight it but i don't see any change of it being covered... sorry.

Comment

You can certainly make the effort to get it covered, but your concerns will likely fall on deaf ears.

You'd probably be better off dropping the headliner and just fixing it yourself.
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Have you attempted to take the car back to the original dealer, since they have records and see if they'll still cover it under your warranty?
        "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Working...
        X