Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping up fuel...

Hello all,

new to the forum...have an '06 GT Coupe...have had numerous problems with this car since I purchased it new...it has been back to the dealership on three different occasions for seperate issues each time. The car currently has 3000 kilometers on it. The sunroof leak...new seat belts because of the smell...driver side took about four weeks to come in...will be getting replaced this week...the rotors had to be machined at 150 kilometers due to pulsation...and had paint issues...now I have come accross a few more things that are wrong with this car, but have been covered by others in this forum: the speaker crackle, the radio cutting out(water leak in the trunk...and into amp(guess that will be another fix for MASS)), window indexing problem, sealing strips between the door glass and the quarter glass is distorted on both sides...just to name a few...but one that I haven't noticed anyone else complaining of is when fueling...When the filling the car, the pump kicks off as normal...and say it is at $38.67...I would typically continue filling to the $37.00 mark...however...if I do this...gas starts pouring out of the filler neck and down the side of the car...Once the pump kicks out...I am lucky if I can get $0.15 more into the tank before it over flows...anyone else having this problem????

Sorry for the long winded first post/rant
    Canadian G6 Lemon....

wow that's a long list of problems, some of which people on here have had, like the water leak and seatbelt issue. Things like the sealing strips should have been checked before you left the dealer lot. As for the fueling issues, there's another thread I made talking about fueling, and it appears there it very little room to top off these cars.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

You're really not supposed to top off your tank anyway for exactly that reason. What's the difference anyway? You'll just have some extra change in your pocket!
      2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

And BTW, :toyz:
        2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

there is no need to top these tanks off, they fill right close to the top. I have owned fords and always topped it off, but I tried it with this car and poured gas all over the side of the car
          BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
          ^ The Man
          v The Legend

Comment

Maybe there is a problem with the gas station and not your car...

At any rate, WELCOME!
            2006 G6 GTP. Mods: Painted headlights, System: Kenwood KFC-XW1202DVC 12" subwoofer, Kenwood Excelon KAC-X10D Mono subwoofer amplifier. Coming soon: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
              wow that's a long list of problems, some of which people on here have had, like the water leak and seatbelt issue. Things like the sealing strips should have been checked before you left the dealer lot. As for the fueling issues, there's another thread I made talking about fueling, and it appears there it very little room to top off these cars.

I agree that the sealing strips should have been looked after before leaving the dealer lot...but it has to be the worst dealer in the history of General Motors. Picked the car up...looked like it was hastily washed, chrome wheels were filthy, dust all over the interior, windows not cleaned...had the car tinted by them, and the tint guys grungy finger prints were all over the door panel from when he removed/replaced it...paint was hazed in two spots...scratches on both doors...overall the worst experience I have ever had a dealership in my life...you would think that after spending $32 000.00 you would get a little more of an effort from them...oh well...no for next time...

Comment

I think that this is something that I may just have to get used to this...I have owned 12 different cars in my lifetime...and this is the first that has ever done this...oh well...I just feel stupid going into the kiosk to pay...."Uh hi...pump 7.... $36.67..." lol Oh well...

Thanks for the comments and the warm welcomes...I am sure I will be lurking here for sometime...Cheers

Comment

where in Canada?
                  ^ The Man
                  v The Legend

Comment

i always top off my car. only had it spill out once.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat
                      where in Canada?
                      Wroxeter, Ontario....you?
                      Car was purchased in Listowel

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                        That is odd...how much are you usually topping up??? ie: $0.67, $0.51???

Comment

Originally posted by Sholt_cG6
                          Originally posted by bristol16
                          That is odd...how much are you usually topping up??? ie: $0.67, $0.51???
                          whatever it takes. i always run it up to the next dollar. i don't know why i bother, i usually use a debit or credit card so it's not like i end up with change or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sholt_cG6
                            Originally posted by jonnycat
                            where in Canada?
                            Wroxeter, Ontario....you?
                            Car was purchased in Listowel
                            Lethbridge, AB

I doubt I could fit $0.30 in mine once it clicks
                            ^ The Man
                            v The Legend

Comment

[/quote]whatever it takes. i always run it up to the next dollar. i don't know why i bother, i usually use a debit or credit card so it's not like i end up with change or anything.[/quote]

Hmmmm...I may just have to mention that to the dealer...cause I like topping it off...just a stigma of mine...but it sure ticks ya off when the gas runs down the side of the car...

Comment

Working...
                              X