Drivers side mirror...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers side mirror...

I'm brand new here and before I can even post a pic, some A&%hole took my drivers side mirror off tonight. I have a beautiful granite 4dr GTP. At least only the mirror assembly was damaged...
    Anybody know how much this mirror assembly is gonna cost me?
    Thanks!

Considering you'll have to get it thru GM more than likely... an arm and a leg lol... thats really shitty, why isnt the guy paying for it!!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Because they didn't stick around...
      I came out from my PT job, after working my real job, and found the mirror hanging by the wire....

Comment

Ouch... ask ur boss if its covered... throw a canniption (spelling LOL) and they might take care of it for you under their policy!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Also the problem is usually on private property somewhere between 2-4 thousand dollars in damage have to occur before you can get the authorities involved if no one offers to help you out. In AZ its 3K on private property.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Damn that sucks! GM Parts Online has the mirror as 4 separate things: You have the housing ($6.43), the mirror assembly ($75), a gasket ($46.21), and the mirror glass ($30.7. Those are online prices too, so the dealership will charge you a bit more.

Definitely see if you got coverage for that type of thing at your job.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Dude when i first read this topic i thought you meant someone STOLE your drivers side mirror ("Someone took off my drivers side mirror"). I started laughing so hard! Who would steal a mirror?!
              2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Famous Quote from Pulp Fiction:

"Whats more dickless that fucking with a mans car, I mean ya just don't do it!"

I think thats right at least, haven't watched it in a while.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

LMFAO.. that sounds right, haha!
                  Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                  2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                  w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                    Damn that sucks! GM Parts Online has the mirror as 4 separate things: You have the housing ($6.43), the mirror assembly ($75), a gasket ($46.21), and the mirror glass ($30.7. Those are online prices too, so the dealership will charge you a bit more.

Definitely see if you got coverage for that type of thing at your job.
                    Obviously you'd rather not spend a dime on repairs, but that's actually much cheaper than I would've expected. They'll probably rape you on install charges unless you decide to do it yourself.

In my mom's old Bonneville I was run off the road once and had a blow-out that bent the stock rim. Since it was her car she insisted on replacing it with another stock rim and tire. It ended up costing around $800!!! I could've gotten a decent set of aftermarkets for that price.
                    -Kevin
                    2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                    2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

yea but rims/tires and a mirror are two very different things. I was actually surprised at how much a mirror assembly costs. That's pretty bad.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Before you plop down a few hundred bones you might want to check local junk yards. The mirrors aren't painted, so any color G6 junker would suffice.

It would certainly save you some cheese if you are fairly handy and can do it yourself.
                        -Kevin
                        2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                        2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

Definitely look at pick a part junkyards. Not to change the subject but about the rims, I swerved to miss an animal in the road and nailed a curb-tore a chunk clean out of the rim, I was surprised the bead on the tire didn't break. My girlfriend was so ashamed in herself for telling me to swerve and tearing my rim up she offered to pay for a new stock LS Sport rim. $600 a piece from the dealer I said hell no don't buy one from the dealer. Bought a rim with the Eagle RSA rubber on it for 130 on ebay-rubber alone is worth that much.

Comment

Well, just to give an update.
                            My local body shop fixed the mirror in one day...
                            The grand total was $140 and they washed and waxed my car. Not as bad as I was expecting.
                            I still don't know if it was knocked off by a person or another vehicle as there was not a mark on the broken mirror.
                            Oh well, its fixed and looks good as new!

Comment

Good to hear you got it all fixed, 140 with labor isn't too bad at all. Surprised they didn't rape you on flat rate.

Comment

Working...
                              X