PDA

View Full Version : GTO Fluids....getting some on me tomorrow

LoJac963
07-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Welp....

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/LoJac963/GTO/IMG00378.jpg

Been doing a lot of research on different forums for the best oils for our goats. Seems like Royal Purple Synchromax has the majority of votes for the M6 tranny.

I've always used Mobil 1 for the engine oil ever since I had the 6 so that's nothing new.

Rear end the general vote seems to be for Torco RGO and the Torco limited slip additive.

The RP I think I'll put in the tranny tomorrow for a little project but the Torco I have to order online (which I've yet to do). I'll let you guys know how the RP works out!

WoodburyMan
07-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Apparently the stock fluid is garbage and gets globs in it.

Some guys I know around here are anal and bleed it and replace it every like two months.

LoJac963
07-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Apparently the stock fluid is garbage and gets globs in it.

Some guys I know around here are anal and bleed it and replace it every like two months.

talking about clutch fluid??

If so I don't have a remote bleeder (yet) so I do the syringe method, pull out the nasty stuff in the reservoir and replace as needed

stevey722
07-03-2010, 01:22 PM
hmmmm this the right kind of fluid for the 6..

dre256
07-03-2010, 06:13 PM
let us know how the gear oil works out, its time to change the rear gear oil again in my jeep as I like to do it once every 6 months to a year depending on off roading and I only use synthtic Mobil 1 never tryed Royal purple. Synthetic best on wear, power transfur, and MPG :cheers

LoJac963
07-03-2010, 06:34 PM
lol you guys!!!

The Royal Purple is for the tranny!!!!!!!!!

gear oil will be Torco RGO with Type F friction modifier!!

:smokin:

dre256
07-03-2010, 06:45 PM
lol you guys!!!

The Royal Purple is for the tranny!!!!!!!!!

gear oil will be Torco RGO with Type F friction modifier!!

:smokin:

OOOOooooo, :coupe: :coupe: :coupe: though doing the rear, stupid skim reading deseved me again! :x :lol: