Check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out

This is how my wheel is messed up, I took pics tonight (just got batterys)

You can see how the wheel is toed out and theres slight camber too, I just dont know what it is, I've taken the WHOLE thing apart! Im praying its not the actual frame piece bent

My brake fluid leak Thats just from parking too.

Just gotta show of my son Odin, hes so obnixious, but a damn cool dog!
    2007 G5 Base Model
    Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

that dog does not look happy to be on camera. Thats sucks about your tire though. Id go scream to the dealer to get it fixed asap. Howd that happen anyway?
    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Im sorry but I see the brake fluid and i see the dog, but on the first pic i can not really see what you are talking about. If you can try to take a pic sitting on your bum looking directly forward.
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

the wheel is poking out past the body at the bottom and appears to be a smudge too indented at the top.
        BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

I'm with Toyz. I don't see anything wrong with the wheel from here.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Sorry for the crappy pics, these show it better. In person its clear as day. Hard to get a good angle.

This one shows it best. The toe is messed up. Looking at the other wheel, it looks like the camber is actually okay on this one, the passenger side wheel looks the same as far as camber goes.

Now here (its hard to explain) from a birds eye. the passenger side rear wheel isn't even with the fenderwell. Thats the way the body lines are supposed to match the wheel, kinda uneven.

But the messed up wheel lines up with the body, which is incorrect toe.

You can also see how the front of the tire (towards the door) sticks out beyond the front of the rear fender

Im beginning to think its the lower control arm. When I got hit, he hit the top rear of the wheel (which bent in the upper control arm that I already replaced). So I dont see how the front bottom of the wheel would be sticking out. Its so confusing I've taken it apart millions of times. I cant take it to the dealer or they'll start asking me why I didnt have full coverage and I could get in some serious trouble. Last resort is taking it to another Pontiac dealership, but the closest one is still kinda far.
            2007 G5 Base Model
            Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by Eco_JUNK
              Sorry for the crappy pics, these show it better. In person its clear as day. Hard to get a good angle.

This one shows it best. The toe is messed up. Looking at the other wheel, it looks like the camber is actually okay on this one, the passenger side wheel looks the same as far as camber goes.
              yup i can see your problem now Thanks for the different pics. Is your tire wearring funny?
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Oddly enough.... not really! If anything the other rear tire is. T he steering wheel is cocked towards the left... The front wheels are compensating for the messed up wheel and it kinda.... drags the good wheel around right turns. Left turns are fine.

Also, since I blew the shock. I swapped out the good one to the bad side, and left the good side with no shock (just ordered today 75 bucks!!). It handles a lot better. Im gonna take it all apart again today and see if I can find anything. Thats all I do on my days off lol.
                2007 G5 Base Model
                Black 5 Speed

Comment

I'm curious, have you had anyone follow you to see if it's dog tracking? The thrust angle could be way off. Not just the camber on that wheel.
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

No but thats a good idea. I would have my woman drive, but theres a brake line leak, slightly.... you can just pump them and your perfectly fine, but Im not sure if she quite understands hydraulic brakes yet. +

Actually, I know its dog tracking since the wheel is pointed at about.... 10:00 (11:00 eastern :-D ) but Im still going straight. Either way, I replaced the shock and damn, it rides SO much better now. I found out what is bent though... I think its the knuckle? I dunno what its called but its 166 bucks and they have to order it.

The right one (dr. side) is not completely flat where it meets the wheel bearing assembly, the left one (pass side) is

Just in case you guys wanna see what the rear suspension looks like completely taken apart....

Pass side (jack holding up the LCA)

Driver side

And may as well show you all my "custom" exhaust, haha.
                    2007 G5 Base Model
                    Black 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                    X