Stabilitrak light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabilitrak light

Since the weather has gotten colder, I notice the stabilitrak error light seems to come on fairly often when I'm pulling out of the neighborhood. I noticed it one time not to long after I bought the car when it was kind of cool and rainy, and there was a lot of sputtering when I hit the gas. Never saw it again till recently. Now I don't notice the sputtering, but the light is coming on. It doesn't stay on long, but I'm still concerned. Anyone else have similar problems?
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

That happened to me when I was test driving some, I took out one GTP and that was happening constantly. I took it back and mentioned it and they said it shouldn't be, so I took mine out and everything was fine. It was still cold and there was lots of ice out, of course being March in Canada.

Comment

I've never seen the Stabiltrak light come on. The TC yea...
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Ive had the TC light come on when I hydroplane or burn rubber....but I have yet to see any stabiletrack light. Where is the light located?
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

It's right next to the traction control light in the cluster, I think it's either right above but anyways it's right next to it.

Comment

I had an Alero, which also had a similar system. It often went into fits (sputtering and whatnot) when it was raining or wet. I believe the sputtering is the way that the stabiltrack throttles back the motor, hence that system is working OK. It just seems that you are having a sensor issue. I think there where sensors in the wheel hubs / bearing housing that it used for sensing the wheel movement. (Found this out after I had to change BOTH front wheel bearings @ 60K)

I simply ignored as it came and went through my ownership, not that I am recommending doing that to a new car!

Just my .02 cents...

Good luck with it!
            2006 G6 GTP. Mods: Painted headlights, System: Kenwood KFC-XW1202DVC 12" subwoofer, Kenwood Excelon KAC-X10D Mono subwoofer amplifier. Coming soon: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
              Ive had the TC light come on when I hydroplane or burn rubber....but I have yet to see any stabiletrack light. Where is the light located?
              obviously it's in the same place with the regular gauges, but it is visible with the white face ones

Comment

I've only seen mine on when I've disabled it

(hold down the TC button)
                Originally posted by TLS2000
                Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                  Originally posted by Lampoon
                  obviously it's in the same place with the regular gauges, but it is visible with the white face ones

I don't think I quite made it clear before. I believe the indicator you're showing on your white face guages is the one that comes on when Stabilitrak is active. The one I'm talking about is the one that comes on if there's a problem with Stabilitrak (the one with the slash through it like when you hold down the TC button for 8 seconds to turn it off).

In the manual it says if this light comes on there is a problem detected with the Stabilitrak system.

I forgot though, my buddy can read my DTCs with his HPTuners package. Next tiome he scans my ECU I will have him check the DTCs to see if they give any more details.
                  ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

oh my bad. yeah i know where the other light is but i haven't ever had mine come on.

Comment

Last winter my stability control light light constantly flashed on. Turned out that the recirculating actuator in the ac had gone bad and had to be replaced. Makes no sense but it fixed the problem
                      Silver G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by BassFisherman
                        Last winter my stability control light light constantly flashed on. Turned out that the recirculating actuator in the ac had gone bad and had to be replaced. Makes no sense but it fixed the problem
                        Thanks for the info. I haven't yet had a chance to read the DTC's, but I'm anxious to find out what they're reporting. This Sunday I'll probably get to do it. I'll tell you guys when I find out.

Comment

Any updates on this issue? It is around 0 now here in Detroit and I am now having similar issues. My car is in the garage at night, so this only happens after I let it sit outside at work all day in the near 0 temps: After my first 1-2 shift, the stabilitrak disabled light will come on. It will then stay on until I hit another 1-2 shift after about 10-15 minutes has passed. Is this a bad sensor, because it just seems to be the extreme cold that is messing it up?

Black 2007 GT coupe with Sport Package.
                          DoctorSpeed CAB, 5/15% tint, G5 spoiler, Euro Black Tailz, GM Strut Bar, GY Eagle F1 A/S Tires.

Comment

i had my g6 parked outside and i started her up in the morning. the stabilitrak light started to flash but went away.. it was about 40 degrees or so. i asked the dealer they said that is normal
                            2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

I believe the owner's manual states the Stabilitrak light can come on for a short time after startup in cold weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X