• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAMS 91 octane tuned PCM

Brand: WAMS
    Price: 180 + 136 (for vin # change) = 316
    Purchased From: Fellow 6er & http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com

Installation: So easy a caveman can do it...
    Installation Time: 5 min
    Any Installation Tips You Have:

Quality of Part: 9
    Product Performance: 7
    Would you Recommend to Others: idk if I would

Ive had it installed for a week now. Installation: went in with ease. Honestly took 5 min to install.
    Performance wise: I didnt really notice much on the performance end, execept now the cars redline is higher and the shifts are more spread apart. It does however keep the power durring shifts instead of bogging out. Its also has smoother shifting.

MPG: Who cares

Comments: Umm...well I wasnt happy with the communications at all. But they did get my PCM to me when I originally asked. IMHO, for the people and myself as much as we pay for this, I really expected more. Im not too sure how long Im going to keep the pcm, but I spent so much on it, that im afraid to sell it and get crap for it. I might just see how 93 octane does with the stock pcm first. I gotta say that WAMS is def making a killing off us...
    Last edited by hnda8n; 08-26-2010, 10:18 PM.

Re: WAMS 91 octane tuned PCM

5 minutes? Come on man I timed myself once and did it as fast as I could and it came out to 44 seconds

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

It was my first time....

Comment

You guys are still talking about the PCM, riiiiiight?
        "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

that higher redline REALLY helps when you're in 3rd on the highway passing.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
            You guys are still talking about the PCM, riiiiiight?
            Cause if it was something else you've got them beat?!?!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
            I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
              Comments: Umm...well I wasnt happy with the communications at all. But they did get my PCM to me when I originally asked. IMHO, for the people and myself pay for this, I really expected more. Im not too sure how long Im going to keep the pcm, but I spent so much on it, that im afraid to sell it and get crap for it. I might just see how 93 octane does with the stock pcm first. I gotta say that WAMS is def making a killing of us...
              I agree with you hnda8n, I had a bad experience as well...I ordered the PCM last summer right after GM was disolved and they had a hard time getting a PCM (not WAMS fault) so I waited about 2 months then when I got it I honestly couldn't tell a different from my stock and the one I had tuned. The only reason I got one was to correct the spedo so I paid an additional $100 to have it adjusted to my 18" rims, which it read exactly the same as my stock which was set for 17". WAMS said they would try to correct at no charge so I sent it back only to find out it had been damaged in the mail (my fault for not getting insurance ). Anyway I had already paid 600ish and told WAMS not to worry about replacing I already had enough money spent on it, and wasn't that happy with the product in the first place.

My guess would be that it could be worth it if you have an intake and exhaust, but if you have neither I wouldn't recommend getting one. WAMS does provide a service that isn't available anywhere else for the engine model so in no way do I want to flame it, but express my experience for someone who is considering one.

Comment

You guys are luck you dont have to do ECM and TCM TCM is dug in there deep on 3.9L.

Communication is as such because he only does WAMS work and such on the weekends now as he is busy with other jobs and such, which was stated over and over.

I was happy with mine for my 3.9L GTP. The increased power from 93 octane isn't too noticable, I mainly noticed the reduction of torque management, and also the TCM shift times being MUCH MUCH quicker.

I remember taking my ECM / TCM out and driving it an hour to NY for the trade it. Felt like I neutered my GTP when I was driving it there without the tune
                2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I know about the comunication thing, but how long does it take just to glance at your email? And why did he get rid of his pm capabilities on here? Not cool...imo.

Enough of this. I dont like excuses...hes an OK vendor. Just wish we had other choices.

Originally posted by dringle2
                  My guess would be that it could be worth it if you have an intake and exhaust, but if you have neither I wouldn't recommend getting one.
                  I have both and still didnt notice a difference except what I stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                    You guys are luck you dont have to do ECM and TCM TCM is dug in there deep on 3.9L.

Communication is as such because he only does WAMS work and such on the weekends now as he is busy with other jobs and such, which was stated over and over.

I was happy with mine for my 3.9L GTP. The increased power from 93 octane isn't too noticable, I mainly noticed the reduction of torque management, and also the TCM shift times being MUCH MUCH quicker.

I remember taking my ECM / TCM out and driving it an hour to NY for the trade it. Felt like I neutered my GTP when I was driving it there without the tune
                    I love my tune, the increase in power is noticeable, shifting is noticeable increase on response. and I have to agree with Erik getting to the TCM on the 3.9L is a pain in the ass. I guess the guys with the 3.9L and 3.6L benefit from the tune the most.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                    Originally posted by ahuhn
                    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

You must be right, cause it sure doesnt with the 3500

Comment

we all know about the communications, that is a widespread concern for a while now

but i think you all are expecting some miracle from the tune. it adds what 14 hp? how much do you think you are going to be able to tell from just sitting and driving from 14hp? not that much

i will say i have an increase in mpg on mine and can notice the increase because times have gone down. shifts are better and redline higher

dont believe the results, dyno before/after

Comment

idk, I guess I expected more for the money thats all. Ill probably be selling my PCM real soon. Just not worth it, imo

Comment

I just put my tune in, and took it for a test drive and loved it!!! I had a smile on my face the entire time!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X