When to change water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to change water pump

Did a search with no results... Was just wondering how often the water pumps on our cars should be changed.. I'm used to doing it every 60k miles on old imports that I have owned. I would change the water pump out while changing the timing belt..
    Mods: Crabs CAB w/ FPU, GT-R Exhaust, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, KYB schock/struts, EBC Rotors w/ ceramic pads, Aftermarket Sound System

Re: When to change water pump

when it leaks or the bearings go bad. no need to do it otherwise

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I would agree on this one, it's usually a non-service part. I had a 04 Malibu with a 3.5 V6 and the water pump was never changed, and it was 142,000 miles and still good. On the other hand, I had my water pump fail on my 07 G6 3.9 V6, and that was only 75,000 miles, so I would say, just keep running until you have a leak.

Comment

until you see water coming from the peep hole then or dried water around the hole you have nothing to worry about
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
          until you see water coming from the peep hole then or dried water around the hole you have nothing to worry about
          I had water coming out of my pee hole tonight. It was scary! Do I need to change my water pump?

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by tls2000 View Post
            i had water coming out of my pee hole tonight. It was scary! Do i need to change my water pump?
            peep hole.......damn you......peeeeeep hooooole!!!

TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
            X