No announcement yet.

Checking 3.5 tranny fluid? Help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking 3.5 tranny fluid? Help please?

My 3.5 had been shifting weird lately, its an automatic, and the G6 is my first car without a dipstick for the transmission. I've searched the forums and really haven't found a thread to answer my question.

So most of the threads I found say there's a bolt on the underside of the transmission but there's what looks like a filler cap on the top side of the tranny easily accessible with the hood open. Kind of confused here....I just want to check my fluid...

Re: Checking 3.5 tranny fluid? Help please?

Here are a few threads others have talked about in the past.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31382

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30695

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29085

Other's have had a transmission slipping at or around 4000-5000 rpm from 1st to 2nd, is that your problem, oo.
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Yeah, more or less seems like its slamming into 2nd. Doesn't do it every time but still enough to worry me. I'll probably just call the dealership, explain the problem, and have them flush and refill.

Comment

That didn't work for my 2006 G6, with over 100,000 miles. I did the flush and filter replacement and it still did it, you may have more problems

More info on your car would help, too. milage, too.
        "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

I don't care what any service advisor suggests, if your transmission is having slipping/slamming issues a flush will not fix it. There is a mechanical or electrical reason your transmisison is not operating properly. It sucks but you will most likely have to take it in to have it looked at.

Comment

Working...
          X