GT-R Exhaust My 2 Cents...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-R Exhaust My 2 Cents...

Ok yes I know another thread on the GT-R exhaust, I was going to put this in the post your ride or review section but I figured it would go better here. I took lots of pics but this is more of a props to Sam thread rather than showing the system, so I'll just include a few. There are plenty of other threads showing install pics and details of the system. I wanted to post this because I felt my situation was a bit different than all the others and it was the least I could do. Anyways...

[img]

And finally this pic just because it looked cool, well to me anyways. After a long day of detailing.

Now to get to the point of the thread... this is an amazing kit. Craftmanship is top notch, the fit was perfect and anyone who is thinking about getting the GT-R kit you won't be let down. The gains on the highway are very noticable. To tell you the truth at first the sound was a little noisy for me, but since then I have got used to the sound. The idle and WOT tone are amazing, still puts a smile on my face everytime. I went through more torture waiting for this kit than anyone else Sam has sold a kit to (I'm dead serious), I'm sure he'd agree, . I've had it on for a while now, and told Sam I would post my results so here it is albeit a little delayed

Now without going over the top, but I really do want to push this point as best I can. Sam is a stand up guy, I've never had anyone or any business give me this kind of support. You should see how many emails we went through lol. He took care of problems I honestly didn't expect him to, and continued to do so even after I had the system... any other place really would have left you high and dry. I only wish I could have shook his hand when all was said and done, I'm that impressed. Even if I could buy the same thing locally for less I'd buy it from him again, even if it meant going through all that bs again.... trust me that was not fun.

So if you are thinking about getting this kit, what are you waiting for and get on that waiting list.

Troy, those pictures look awesome !! Thanks for sharing.

Folks, Troy is a real trooper. He's giving me props, but in all honesty the props go to him. Fedex had lost part of his system, so Troy had to patiently wait for Fedex to resolve the claim, this took several weeks. To make matters worse, my systems are test fitted, but in Troys case, because Fedex had lost part of the system, there was no way to test fit the sections together, which caused some the the joints to be loose. Because of the lessons learned with Fedex, I no longer ship the systems in two seperate boxes. It all goes in one box. If they lose it, they lose it all. Insuring from now on, that the kit everyone else gets will be part of a matched system.

Comment

Troy, that last pic looks HOT! The kit looks real good on your car! I love the GT-R tips!
      Also wanted to add that I have the kit and its a great kit! And want to clearify that if any of you see the thread with me taking off the kit and selling it and putting the stock exhaust on doesnt mean ANYTHING is wrong with the GT-R system. Sam is great and ALWAYS got back to me and also wanted to make sure when I got the kit that everything is fine with it and no problems. So if you see the other thread with me saying am taking the kit off and you think something is wrong with it, you have drawn the wrong conclution and read it. It says that my old car had exhaust on it for years and though I wanted exhaust right away on my GTP and I found I am accally fond and enjoy quiet exhaust stock exhaust instead right now, a personal decision. I just dont want to accidently people think something is wrong with the GT-R system.
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Thanks Andre.

I made that post at like 10 in the morning, and I had yet to get any sleep so yeah it might not make too much sense.

Not to mention the FedEx bills I got in the mail, the first one for the lost system and the second one for the replacement which I paid the first time and still even after Sam did all their paperwork. But even then Sam stepped right back in to help me out and solve it.

FedEx... I hate you

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
          FedEx... I hate you
          Not trying to go off topic, but was it ground? If so, I can see why they lost your box. They aren't even true FedEx employees, they are considered "independent contractors" which were included when FedEx bought out Roadway Services. They don't give a care in the world, have the most beat up trucks, and treat packages like crap.

I would know, I work for FedEx Express. In my honest opinion if you were going to ship something, spend the extra money and do it Express. I would never ever want anything shipped ground after seeing the crap it goes through, same goes with UPS too.

Sorry for the useless post, just thought I would offer a solution as to why it was lost and that not everybody from FedEx is so careless .
          THIS SITE IS FOR U TOO!!!!! Visit http://www.epsilonsport.com

Comment

not useless at all,

thanks for sharing
            Originally posted by TLS2000
            Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
            GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

yea good info to know. thanks.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDirntRulez
                Originally posted by Interfire
                FedEx... I hate you
                Not trying to go off topic, but was it ground? If so, I can see why they lost your box. They aren't even true FedEx employees, they are considered "independent contractors" which were included when FedEx bought out Roadway Services. They don't give a care in the world, have the most beat up trucks, and treat packages like crap.

I would know, I work for FedEx Express. In my honest opinion if you were going to ship something, spend the extra money and do it Express. I would never ever want anything shipped ground after seeing the crap it goes through, same goes with UPS too.

Sorry for the useless post, just thought I would offer a solution as to why it was lost and that not everybody from FedEx is so careless .
                Well it's not so much them just losing it as their stance and attitude about it. They just wanted to keep dragging it on and on and a bunch of other bs. I'm sure they are no worse/better than other couriers but until others do I'm sticking with them. It's just like putting fragile on a box, like you honestly believe they treat it any different.

Comment

my store uses fed ex to ship and recieve packages. Express is the best, comes in his nice truck drops off the packages has me sign on his new machine, never had any problems. Ground however is this old dude that shouldnt be moving, he looks like the kinda guy you could drop dead infront of and he wouldnt give a shit as long as you had signed for the packages before you croaked.
                  So to kyle and sam, use express, it really is worth the extra $$$.
                  (And if you are using it keep up the good work. I wasnt here when my CAB came so i dont know which one the dr uses)
                  BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

I'd use Airforce One if it were possible but, a large item like an exhaust kit going Express will be rather expensive. As for UPS, USPS and the rest, they are all about the same. I've had problems with all of them at one time or another. The negative attitudes from employess is not exclusive for Fedex only, it's just about the way most companies do business these days.

Comment

Yup Fedex is really going down hill fast-Since this GT-R exhaust is a "sign for" item, mine almost went down the road. The dog's alerted me that he was at the front gate (dog's in house going nuts) I caught him filling out the "I was here slip" he NEVER came to any of the doors-
                      About a month ago I had a Motorcycle a customer wanted shipped from another dealer (customer paid extra for the shipping) Fedex delivered it to the FRONT DOOR Parking Lot-just slid it off the tail gate-I asked him to take it to the rear loading dock and he said "it's already delivered" if it wasn't for a special order he would have reloaded and BY-BY-called the main office-they could care less !!!!
                      Love the exhaust !!! Changing the Bottom Facia from single to Dual was the hardest part of the whole instalation.
                      2006 Fusion Orange Coupe GT, Limo Tint, Chrome strut Bar, Chrome intake, Debadged, Metalic Silver PONTIAC wind shield, Metalic silver pin stripe, Chrome wheels with Locks, Aftermarket rear spoiler, GT-R exhaust, Painted engine and battery covers,

Comment

It's true, they both have their days. I find UPS is sometimes easier with handling claims, but they do beat up the packages pretty good. The post office..... Might as well throw the package away instead of shipping it

As for using express for all shipments... Unless you want to pay $38 to ship an intake or hundreds (<---notice the "s" at the end) of dollars for an exhaust... ground it is.
                        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Not to defend UPS but I have been to there main processing facility and if you saw the amount of packages the processed you would understand why some get a little beat up.

John
                          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Yeah, my friend used to work there loading the trucks. He explained "the wall" to me. He had some funny stories to tell. Luckily, I was made aware of this and I do the best I can to pack my items accordingly. I'm sure Sam does the same. Comes with the territory
                            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                              I'm sure Sam does the same. Comes with the territory
                              I'm sure they have tried to play a game of basketball with my box

BTW, wrtting FRAGI LE on the box don't help any

Comment

Working...
                              X