New plan of mine for extra floorboard interior lights-LED's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New plan of mine for extra floorboard interior lights-LED's

As most of you know there are a few of us who have swapped our interior lights for all LED throughout. Now I was thinking Sunday at work after looking at my buds Silverado-they have lights that shine on the floorboards. My plan is to buy two 194 sockets and wire them into the interior lights probably through the fuse block then add 6-LED 194 bulbs in red(whole interior lighting is in red) to get a little extra bling down there when the doors are opened. I got my friend to do all this interior lights in his Silverado Sparkle Blue and that is when I decided to do this little extra mod. Let me know what you think or if there's any questions.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Sounds sweet and I expect a how-to at 0900 hours, pronto!

SO these lights only ocme on whenthe door opens, correct? I;d liek to find some "super white" looking led's to replace those dull crappy yellowish lights.
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Ive got red neons that i can turn on and off down on the floor board... but why would you wan t one that only comes on when you open your door?
      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Hey coupe

http://www.automotivelightingusa.com

They have some interior "hyper white" lights... not led's if that matters tho
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Sweet!! Thanks bro!
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Nooo problem, if you get like the dome light or something let me know how they look... thought about it but never did it. This is also where I got my headlights from, decent price and if you order on like a monday they are at your door around Wed, possibly Thursday!

Comment

Hey Lo, can you take some pics of how it looks?
              ~ Nick
              ----------------
              2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
              Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

I haven't done it yet, for an example....look at a silverado and see they have a light on each side by the kick panels to light up the floorboards when you open the door. They turn on with the rest of the interior lights when the doors open or you unlock the car. That is my plan using Red LED's to match the other lights on my interior. I'm still looking for 194 sockets to I have something to plug the lights in so when I find those I'll have this little project done a few days after that. I'll take a lot of pics and do a How-To when if ever I find some damn light sockets with wires installed.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Napa sells them in there Echlin line... (used to work there)

Comment

lol very nice simplyred, I've been looking all over the place, then BAM you tell me exactly where to go. I'm planning on getting this done before my final class starts so hopefully in the next couple weeks if I can buy all the necessary items. I'll keep you all posted.

Comment

I just plan on putting some neon tubes under the dash. Not sure if I want a switch for them or wired to the interior lights that come on when the sensor detects darkness. A little tip with the LEDs, they won't really make the whole area glow under there...they tend to direct light in a path, so if they're all in a row you'll just see a 'line' of lighting on the floor.

As for the dome lights, I have an LED bulb in the center dome light, and it's really nice. Right now it's white but I'm changing it to red. Same with the front dome lights....LEDs are good for up there because the lens makes it spread out. Regular 194 hyperwhite bulbs are not bright at all.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I have 6-LED 194's in my map lights and a 9-LED Festoon bulb in my dome light and all are RED. The one good thing is all the stock lights were mounted firing down which is exactly what LED's are good for so all three lights really light up the whole area and are awesome looking too. As for the floorboards I planned on using an LED board with roughly 2"x2" of red LED's so that should spread the light a little and be bright.

Comment

where did you get the red LED's for your dome light? l would like to have some of those. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sylent
                            where did you get the red LED's for your dome light? l would like to have some of those. thanks
                            I just searched on Ebay for 194, 211-2 or whatever the bulb number is you want but also add the color you want and "LED" for example....

194 red LED-search that way and you should find everything your looking for. If not I can post the names of the sellers I've bought from.

Comment

I have thought about making my own lighting for floor board, in whatever color. can just buy the leds and get a small circuit board and line them up for cheaper than you can buy them online. However i havent gotten around to doing this yet, so i cant post how it looks.

Also can you all give details on replacing the other interior lights. This is the first car I have ever put mods on so I am not to knowledgable about doing so. If it were speakers i be ok but not on lighting.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X