squeaking seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeaking seat

Just curious if anyone else hears the springs in the drivers seat squeak?
    I noticed it yesterday. I guess it's not that big of a deal but I hope it doesn't continue to get worse.
    I think it is where the lumbar support is b/c when I put it all the way down I don't hear it, but I like it up, it feels better on my lower back.

go figure...another annoying noise!

nothing here. Very silent non-leather seats.....Now there is a "boing" noise every once in a while from my dash....almost sounds like the speedometer cable.

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I was actually gonna post about that but i didnt think anyone would have the issue, my deff does......
      2006 G6 GT
      Debadged
      20% Window Tint
      Painted molded mudflaps
      DS Stage 4 CAI
      8000K VVME HIDs Low Beam Conversion
      Nokya Hyper yellow Fogs
      Painted Red Calipers

Comment

Originally posted by JST4SHOG6
        I was actually gonna post about that but i didnt think anyone would have the issue, my deff does......
        The seat or the dash?
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Do you have leather or not? Mine with leather squeaks where the leather rubs the plastic on the bottom cushion... Kind of where the heated seat controls are.

John
          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I dont have leather seats but they squeek
            2006 G6 GT
            Debadged
            20% Window Tint
            Painted molded mudflaps
            DS Stage 4 CAI
            8000K VVME HIDs Low Beam Conversion
            Nokya Hyper yellow Fogs
            Painted Red Calipers

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
              Do you have leather or not? Mine with leather squeaks where the leather rubs the plastic on the bottom cushion... Kind of where the heated seat controls are.

John
              Is there something safe that we can coat the leather with in that area? Every time I use the clutch it makes noise, which is a PITA.

On to the original topic: My seat has sqeaked off and on depending on the weather right around the lumbar area.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

No squeaking here. Although my leather has got a bit worn over a year or so. Wrinkles and imprints, drivers seat only though, of course becasue it is used most.

I have had squeaking start in my seat in other cars though. I think even in a G/Am with cloth seats. I'm not sure there is anything you can do except like you said, hope it doesnt get worse.
                2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

no squeaking here, yet with the cloth seats
                  BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                  ^ The Man
                  v The Legend

Comment

Mine don't squeak either.

Comment

i get the spring squeak every once in a while, usually only if im shifting myself in the seat tho. and yes i do have leather, but im not really experiencing any problems with it

Comment

I had the squeaking seat after cleaning the leather.
                        The contact between the plastic bottom of the seat and the leather
                        caused the noise everytime my clutch foot was used.

I sprayed the contact area with a generic silicon product, and that stopped the problem.

Hope it works!

Chris M.
                        Black GTP, 6-speed
                        Ottawa, Ontario
                        Go Sens!!!

Comment

My seats dont squeak but i keep them low, sounds like the squeakers in the group roll with their seats high.
                          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

I have the cloth seats.
                            I guess if it gets worse I could put the lumbar support all the way back down. I would think it would continue to get worse though, not better. Maybe I move around too much in the seat?

Comment

Wow, I was about to post this up myself. YES! I noticed the squeak within the past week. It's driving me insane. I haven't investigated too much further, but if it's easy enough I'll throw some WD40 on the spring or something. If not I guess I'll take her back to the dealer,
                              ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Working...
                              X