Neat Trick to protect your bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Trick to protect your bumper

Hi all. Since I play music, I tend to load and unload lots of stuff from my trunk.

The bumper was getting dammaged so I devised this little trick. Its a pretty cheap mod and protects your bumper.

Plus its easyer to load and unload things!

I took a standard G6 trunk protector. I then went to home depot, and got a long carpet, you know, the ones you put at the door in winter for your shoes?

I then put the carpet under the trunk protector. The rubber backing of the carpet makes it stick against the trunk interior. The rubber surface of the trunk protector also keeps it from sliding off.

The carpet goes almost the the back of the seats. I left a bit of slack at the front. When i load something, i pull the flap down. This protects my trunk.

When i don't use it, i flip it back into the trunk. I find it also helps to keep groceries from going all over the place when they are under the carpet. Plus if something spills, the trunk protector catches it since it is rubber.

Pardon my messy trunk.

Trunk Protector: 75$ CAD
    7x10 carpet (if i remember the dimensions right): 15$ CAD
    Total: 90$ CAD, or 79.11$ US
    Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

that's pretty cool

good idea
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

do you have the part number for that rubber mat in the back?
      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
        do you have the part number for that rubber mat in the back?
        The tray is part number GM 17800736

BTW just a word of caution, on the site it looks solid, but its really a rubber mat rolled up in a box. It takes a while for it to flatten out, but it does eventually.
        Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

Looks good, nice idea. You could roll that rubber mat up in the opposite direction to speed along flattening it out.

Comment

Working...
          X