Dealing with watermarks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with watermarks...

From the start, I sorta know how to get rid of these watermarks so I'm more curious to know if anyone has a watermark issue with their windshield wiper nozzle. If so, what is a solution to dealing with it? Should I just wipe that portion of the hood off each time I use the the wiper fluid or maybe I should try a different brand of solution?

Re: Dealing with watermarks...

Try replacing the nozzles...they're cheap enough.

Oh and...
    sigpic
    Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Thank you for the greeting. I wasn't aware of the car wash section btw, my bad. Anyways, do you know a specific nozzle that works decently? I'm actually thinking of hooking it up to the windshield wipers. One of the users did that but I forgot who.

Comment

soft bristle brush and baking soda
        that will remove wax residue and hard water deposits

Comment

I had a problem with hard water marks on my front quarter panel. it was from the sprinkler system. in the yard. I tried everything to get them off. wash and wax with various cleaners. I talked to a paint and body guy about it. I ended up buying a Mothers clay bar system. WORKED AWESOME! make sure the car is VERY clean. I can't stress this enough, any debris left on the paint will contaminate the clay bar and ruin your paint. Also be sure to read the directions and follow them to the "T"
          be sure and wax when your done.

I would try a different washer fluid and see if it leaves hard water marks

Stop by my progression and say Hi!

Custom Blacked out Chrome
          Color Matched Upper Grilles
          Door Sills
          Puddle Lights
          Steering Wheel swap
          Custom CIA/Heat Shield

Comment

I have to second on the clay bar - it is simply amazing but remember your pulling off a couple layers of wax - maybe even down to your clear coat if your not careful. Done properly (as wisdom said) it is a night and day difference.
            Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

I have used the clay bar to remove water spots from the sprinkler before and it works awesome. I also had water spots on my windows and used some mag wheel cleaner, came off like a charm.
              Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

Working...
              X