Additional Maintenance During Oil Change Necessary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Maintenance During Oil Change Necessary

My last vehicle I mostly brought to Valvoline center simply because I could do that during errands and be on my way in 10-15m. Since I'm doing all my own maintenance on my Maxx now, is there anything else I should be checking or watching for while I'm under the car? Joints, lube points, anything commonly overlooked or not obvious?
    Mods: Full Crab Intake and FPU kit, GT-R Exhaust
    Summer Hopes: Bottom ram air snorkel, Aftermarket radio, Design a small out-of-sight stealth sub box (no trunk), Tinted windows
    Next Year: Performance rotors and pads, extra monitors in headrests in addition to the stock console screen

Re: Additional Maintenance During Oil Change Necessary

just look around while you're down there. Look for any leaks around the engine and tranny, look at the joints just to make sure nothing is out of place, look at dust boots to make sure they're on, make sure the cable emergency brake is all connected and fine (I know sounds crazy but DO IT), and pretty much everything else. Just look around, you should be able to tell if anything is leaking or out of place.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: Additional Maintenance During Oil Change Necessary

i always rotate the tires and inspect the brakes every oile change too..... i dont actually take the calipers/pads off but i do look at them to see how much pad is left and anything abnormal..... i pretty much look over EVERYTHING every time i change the oil lol.

Comment

Working...
      X