I don't get it...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get it...?

Playstations, TV Monitors, DVD Players, Xbox's, Neon Lights...WTF!?!

To me, putting these things in your car are worse than making it look "ricey". Honestly, are you in your car that often that you need a TV inside of it? Even if you are, you're basically spending $$ to entertain your friends sitting in the back seat or shotgun. Maybe a girl, but I doubt anyone that has this crap in their cars has good luck with the ladies. I'm hoping that you're not watching TV or playing videogames while you're driving either.

Most of the time people are driving by themselves. To work, school, wherever. Or what I'm trying to say is that people drive by themselves more often than with other people. Unless you're literally living out of your car I see absolutely no need for all these devices.

I'm a G6 "Beginner", but one of the "noobs" posted about having to get a new alternator because he's got plans for all these different gadgets and whatnot in his G6. That's ridiculous.

Once in a while I'll catch an episode of "Pimp My Ride". I honestly think this show was created to mock people that do all this bullshit to their cars. Especially when they put monitors in mudflaps and bubble-makers next to exhaust tips. You can read it on the guys' faces when they talk about it to the camera "Wow....monitors in the mudflaps! Now how swell is that guys? High five-a-roo!" Give me a fucking break...

Sorry for the rant. It just blows my mind as to what people will blow their $ on these days.
    Mike III
    '06 Electric Blue GTP

Dr. Speed CAB w/S&B, 20% Marquise Tint
    Next Up - Strut Bar, Lowering Springs, GT-R

hey I got leds run in my car and I like it. I actually do drive with them on. Now tv's and and psp? If you have kids I could see that being a must. Keeps them shut up on the long trips. Computers, I used my laptop while I was stuck in san fran to go on mapquest, but its not installed in my car. Im getting a gps for that.
    So I'm going to have agree with you, adding all that is rediculous (minus the lights), unless you have a specific "need" for them.
    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

thanks for the post

now tell me everything you do for the next week and ill come up with some reason to blow up about it and be critical

if people (myself included) want to put those things in there car for entertainment, then so be it...dont play your radio anymore while you drive, it serves the same purpose

glad you hate it, but some people dont....so we'll spend our f'in $$$$ on it if we want

end rant, haha

Comment

you have to admit, pimp my ride is stupid. At least most of the stuff they do. The limo the did was cool though.

Comment

oh im not saying some stuff is over the top, pimp my ride is the example of that

but having some things in car for entertainment isnt a bad idea

keep children quiet, wife entertained, friends....make good for when waiting on something and bored

they have purposes

Comment

thats what I was trying to say. Its not all stupid but it can be if it isnt practical.

Comment

I think you guys are discussing two different aspects of car "accessorizing".

It can be done as a hobby. Mudflaps and wherever. If you got the extra money, do it. Like a MTV Pimp My Ride. Good job, good for you.

But I think the start of this post comes from the confusion faced when you see someone who randomly has a PS2 in their "everyday driving car" with a TV up front because they think its "coo." This isn't the guy/gal with the family, sorry Family Guy. But chances are hes blowing money on stupid things, that he most likely can't afford (not referring to G6 owners but society in general).

Wal-mart probalby sells tvs you can mount on headrests now for trips with your family. There is no need to mount tv monitors into your headrests. This is where I also have a problem as Sublimike. The answer is Mike we live in a culture that rather have more tv screens installed "cool" than other life necessities.

I enjoy having nice things, yes, but if its a duck I keep mine walking and talking like a duck.

Comment

pimp my ride and good for you dont go together unless "good for you" is spoken in sarcasm where "dumbass" is left out but still understood. Putting a tv in the back of the headrest and some of the junk that PMR does is completely different. A TV in the headrest serves a purpose. A TV in your mudflaps or your headlights does not.

Comment

I've gotta mostly agree with sublimike...

I don't really get it either... I mean, if you got kids in the, just tell them to read a damn book... I never had a TV in the car when I was a kid

but seriously... my opinion, modifications should be done to improve something... cars are meant to move, so to make it better, that means make it move better... i.e. more power, less weight, more handling

if you want to accesorize to make it fit you visual taste, that's fine... even something like neon underbodies add an interesting touch with negligible weight... but once you start sticking stuff on that hurts performance considerably... you are kinda going against the reason the car is there...

but yup... there ya go
                  Originally posted by TLS2000
                  Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                  GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

This is really an argument that neither side can win, as it's based completely on personal preference.

So let's allow this thread to die, eh?

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is personally, you expressed your opinion... are others not allowed to do the same?

What you think looks cool, others think might look stupid too. How is that different from everyday life, it's just a car man.

Comment

you don't have to "get it" cause they aren't doing it to your car.

Comment

I wouldn't do some of the mods that some people do, but to each his own. Everybody has their own thing.
                          It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you just never know what you are gonna get"!
                            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

so... you are saying that your mods happen randomly? You just walk out one day... and BLAM--spoiler

Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Working...
                              X