Wheel control troubleshooting / antenna question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel control troubleshooting / antenna question

I just got a used 2005 G6 GT, and everything seems great except for a couple things with the radio.

The radio is the 6 CD changer, and works fine from the faceplate (well, a couple knobs are worn, but i've ordered replacements for those), but the buttons on the steering wheel don't quite work right. The volume button works correctly both up and down, but the others are all mixed up. The mute/source button does the job of the seek up and down button, and the seek up button does the 1-6 fuction of the button below it. The Band, mute, or source function doesn't work at all.

After finding some good info from this site, I have a pretty good idea *how* the steering wheel controls work (the different resistor values), so i'm kinda confused how my buttons could possibly be behaving the way they are. Now, this is a used car, so I have no idea what the previous owner has done with the radio setup. i'm guessing maybe they put in an aftermarket, then threw the original back in when they sold it. I understand that the radio has to be factory programmed for the VIN to work (and it does), and I saw something in a post elsewhere from someone adding wheel controls to a car that didnt' have them before that the radio has to be set to accept them. Is this radio also used for a different vehicle/setup so that maybe it not only needs to be told to accept the wheel controls, but also which *model* to accept? And I would have to bring it in to the dealer for this, correct?

I'm also adding an aftermarket iPod/HD radio interface to this radio. I need to get a splitter for the antenna so I can run it both into the radio and the new HD reciever box. Are the antenna connectors for this car the standard Motorola style connectors, or are they something else?

I know I can answer some of this myself once I open up the dash and pull the radio, but from the amount of work it looks like that is going to take i'm trying to get all the parts I need ahead of time so I only have to do it once.

Re: Wheel control troubleshooting / antenna question

it almost sounds like the radio isnt configured to accept steering wheel controls. if you bought it at a dealer you may wanna take it back there and ask them to check the radio and make sure its ready for code UK3

this thread may be of some help
    viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26114

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Re: Wheel control troubleshooting / antenna question

On my iSimple ipod/hd, I used a motorla splitter so I could retain the factory am/fm. Then you need a motorola to standard and a reverse.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Working...
      X