How to spray tint coupe tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to spray tint coupe tails

Okay, another small how to my dgc393, and it really is only one small difference, but a note able one.

To spray tint your tails, follow the steps almost EXACTLY as in the how to done here http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/...p?f=29&t=24862 ...however, when it some time to covering your reverse light, here's the difference. Coupes do not have a different plastic piece for reverse lights and regular lights, its just one large flowing piece of plastic. So if you want to cover your reverse lights to get the nice contrast, and visibility on a coupe, it becomes very difficult to do so with it looking uniform, and symmetrical. However, I have found the solution ...just follow these steps.

Tools Needed :
    -Plyers
    -T15 screw head
    -Pen
    -Masking Tape
    -Flash light
    -Exacto knife
    -2000 grit sand paper
    -Bug and tar remover w/ paper towels
    -Can of niteshades
    -Can of clear coat

Step one: Removing the light assembly. First, 'unscrew' all the light pieces (white arrows) my turning them a quarter turn to the left, and pulling them straight out, behind very careful of the lights. Then, unclip wires from hold points (yellow arrows). Then it should be held on by one steel clip, be extremely careful while pulling this out. But just give it a semi tough pull straight outwards.

Step two: Use your T15 to remove the bolts connecting the black plastic flow piece. Total of three bolts holding these on.

Step three: Cover reverse light in good quality masking or painters tape

Step ten: Since its flat material, there's no way of knowing where the reverse light exactly is. UNLESS, you use your trusty little flashlight, shine it up the reverse light hole..and TADA..outline ready for tracing with your pen!

Step four: Trace out the outline while holding the flashlight, should end up something like this.

Step five: Use an exacto knife to cut out exact outline of the reverse light

Step six: Use 2000 grit (or so) Sand paper on your lights, this helps all shades stick better. Sand in an even motion

Step seven: Use bug and tar remover on them, and from here on out DO NOT touch the outside of the lights, which could result in complete ruining of final product
    DGC393's Progression

Mods

Performance:
    1.CRABS with K&N Cold Air Filter
    2.RES Delete
    3.Variation on Lampoon's RAM Air
    4. Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic
    5.Full Catback Stainless Steel Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Appearance:
    1.Rebadged/Debadged- GT Delete, G6 to trunk, Pontiac to dash
    2.20% Window Tint (All windows)
    3.Upper Recessed Grilles
    4.Lower Recessed Grilles
    5.Upgrated G6 embroidered carpets
    6. Temple and G6P Stuntin'
    7.Tinted Tail Lights (reverse blocks white)
    8.Fog lights ever on
    9.Tinted emblems
    10.Pontiac seatbelt pads
    11.Pontiac logo tire caps
    12.Eagle Eye headlights (black bezel)
    13.Eibach Prokit
    14. Color matched, AIT Fiberglass Hood

Re: How to spray tint coupe tails

points for ingenuity!
    Current 2002 Galaxy Silver Grand Prix GTP (L67 3.8 S/C)
    97 Liquid Red Grand Prix GT - Rip/2009 Midnight Blue Metallic Sedan : RIP

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

I used clear vinyl and an exacto knife ... saves a lot of the hassle
        sigpic

Comment

That's what I did on my sedan lights. great minds think alike .

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
          Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
          INDIAN WARRIORS
          1926-2010

Comment

Working...
          X