06 panoramic roof adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 panoramic roof adjustment

I have an 06 with pano roof, leaking water. The first panel, behind vent panel is raised higher at rear than the others. I have scoured this sight looking for more info on the `adjustment` that is briefly mentioned. Can someone please tell me how to adjust the panel height or point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

Re: 06 panoramic roof adjustment

thanks to ahuhn and ragin, i got my adjusted no problems

1.put the sun shade back
    2. look up at the pane of glass, you will see a black plastic piece on the bottom, it will pull back on both sides. (it bends enough that you dont have to take it off)
    3. get correct screwdriver and untighten the 2 screws on both sides
    4. slide glass in correct direction to eliminate gap
    5. retighten screws (might have someone hold glass, as you can easily slide it back out of place)
    6. push cover back down till the snaps hold
    7. enjoy

Comment

Do your panoramic roofs whistle?? The dealer told me that there was nothing they could do about it!! They said that since there are so many parts and panels, etc. that it was just going to whistle no matter and I would just have to live with it!! I found that hard to believe, but I didn't wanna mess with it if I didn't know what I was doing!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
      Originally posted by wzbhnn
      We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matts06GT
        Do your panoramic roofs whistle?? The dealer told me that there was nothing they could do about it!! They said that since there are so many parts and panels, etc. that it was just going to whistle no matter and I would just have to live with it!! I found that hard to believe, but I didn't wanna mess with it if I didn't know what I was doing!!
        AAAAH yes! going down the interstate it does. I also get a little bit of rattle. Will that method fix those problems?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Thnx for the reply! I adjusted it as you suggested and the alignment it much improved. Rain will tell. I wonder if aligning front to rear, or rear to front is better? Where are these drain tubes I heard tell of? Could they be blocked?
          Wind noise is acceptable, for whats involved (thats what the Monsoon stereo is for!) Snaps,pops and clicks go unnoticed.
          I wont give up on this roof and believe that with proper care and attention, should be as enjoyable as it looks.

Comment

the only reason i adjusted mine was to fix the wind noise

i assume you are getting more than a noise and the whistle, the fix above will take care of that. i am sure if you put sunshade back, you will notice daylight more than you should in probably the 2nd pane, which seems to be the root of most problems

adjust it and the whistle will go away

i adjusted from front back, as that first piece is most important

Comment

Originally posted by dieseldoctor
              Thnx for the reply! I adjusted it as you suggested and the alignment it much improved. Rain will tell. I wonder if aligning front to rear, or rear to front is better? Where are these drain tubes I heard tell of? Could they be blocked?
              Wind noise is acceptable, for whats involved (thats what the Monsoon stereo is for!) Snaps,pops and clicks go unnoticed.
              I wont give up on this roof and believe that with proper care and attention, should be as enjoyable as it looks.

never heard of anyone having problems with this roof's drain tubes

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                Originally posted by dieseldoctor

never heard of anyone having problems with this roof's drain tubes

99% of drainage issues have been with the coupes.
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Thank you too everyone for their help. As it turns out, the drain tupe on the drivers side had somehow come apart, effectivly draining all water that does leak into the framework drain directly onto the top of the roof panel nearest the A pillar. A dab of silicone will assure it stays in place. Hint. Open your roof and pour water into the drainage trays with front doors open while watching the drain grommets, located at dash ends will show you your drain rate. Easy fix.
                  Wind noise, now that the panels are adjusted, is minumal. Long live our G6`s!

Comment

Working...
                  X