Wiring up new speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring up new speakers

I have decided to instal a new set of speakers with my stock monsoon system in my 2006 gt sedan (I am tired of blowing speakers).

I found these 2ohm, 3-way speakers from jbl:
    GTO937
    GTO637

I took apart my door today, and had a peak under the rear deck and noticed that there are 4wires going to each speaker (2 to the tweeter, and 2 to the 6.5 round in the front doors). I didnt turn anyhting up on searching these forums on how you go about wiring up new speakers. Does anyone know how without a re-wire? Does anyone know what colour is what (his, and lows)?

thankyou!

8th picture down<---- Link

There you will be able to find out what the rears are. Well what they were in my 05 Gt w/ monsoon.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Thanks, that helps a little with knowing what wire is what.

But does anyone know about the instal?
      Can I just run both positive (his and lows) to the positive terminal on my new speaker, and both negatives to the negative?

Can I replace the stock components with new components using the stock cross over amp? Or is there another compatibility issue with speakers?

Comment

Working...
      X