• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this recall!!!!!!!!

Recall Details
    Issued: 2006-11-01
    DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE

CERTAIN VEHICLES ORIGINALLY BUILT WITH CLOTH SEATS THAT WERE EQUIPPED WITH AN AUTOMATIC AIR BAG PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM AND LATER REUPHOLSTERED WITH AFTERMARKET LEATHER SEAT COVER KITS ARE INVOLVED. TESTING HAS INDICATED THAT THE AFTERMARKET LEATHER SEAT COVERS CAN CAUSE THE PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM TO MALFUNCTION.IF THE PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM MALFUNCTIONS, THE FRONT AIR BAG ON THE PASSENGER SIDE MAY BE DISABLED WHEN IT SHOULD BE ENABLED, OR ENABLED WHEN IT SHOULD BE DISABLED. IN EITHER CASE, IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH THAT REQUIRES AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT, A FRONT PASSENGER'S LEVEL OF INJURY MAY BE INCREASED.

DESCRIPTION OF COMPONENT

AIR BAGS:FRONTAL

RESOLUTION

BECAUSE A REPLACEMENT LEATHER SEAT COVER THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM IS NOT AVAILABLE, GENERAL MOTORS (GM) WILL REPURCHASE THESE VEHICLES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS STATED IN GM'S LETTER TO OWNERS. THE RECALL BEGAN ON NOVEMBER 6, 2006. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT GM AT 1-877-477-1022 TO BEGIN THE PROCESS OF REPURCHASING THEIR VEHICLE.

NOTES

GM RECALL NO. 06102.CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

They will buy my car back? WTF

Re: Check out this recall!!!!!!!!

I do have leather seats in my 6 too, just not sure if I will qualify...if I do I will sell them my car back in a heartbeat

Comment

i'm pretty sure you guys won't be selling your vehicles back to them. you can try though

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

why do you say that

Comment

just call it a hunch.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Considering you're over 3 1/2 years late to apply, plus it doesn't sound like you're sure if your leather seats are aftermarket, I'd give this one a double wide
            CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

i have leather seats that came stock since i have the GTP, but i have noticed sometimes when i have passengers, the indicator light says passenger airbag off. it is a little scary
              2006 Black GTP Coupe
              Dr. Speed stage 3&4 intake
              Vector Motorsports 93 octane tune
              Tinted Tail Lights
              Red painted calipers

Comment

I am in the same boat, sometimes when I have a passenger, the sensor dosnt detect their weight and the airbag is off...real scary

Comment

Well in that case irregardless of recall eligibility I'd get it to a repair facility of some sort ASAP
                  CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

If GM was to buy back your car they only have to give you fair market value for you vechile which becomes a gray area. A fair market value to you and other 2006 G6 GTs might be 12K they sell for on lots and thats what you are banking on. GM might say there fair market value on the car is only 8000 because thats all they go for on auction blocks. See the wide diffrence you two will be looking at. Once a big company makes its mind up it takes a really good expensive lawyer to get them to change it.

Side note, unless recall has an experation date on it as some of them do like might say issues 10-10-2006 and expires 11-20-2007, they still do have to honor the recall
                    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                    Gotta have it Green color
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack
                    GT500 track pack differential cover
                    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                      If GM was to buy back your car they only have to give you fair market value for you vechile which becomes a gray area. A fair market value to you and other 2006 G6 GTs might be 12K they sell for on lots and thats what you are banking on. GM might say there fair market value on the car is only 8000 because thats all they go for on auction blocks. See the wide diffrence you two will be looking at. Once a big company makes its mind up it takes a really good expensive lawyer to get them to change it.

Side note, unless recall has an experation date on it as some of them do like might say issues 10-10-2006 and expires 11-20-2007, they still do have to honor the recall
                      actually belive it or not they reimburse for the price you paid
                      and theyll pay for your mods.
                      on that note the odds of anybodys car on here actualy quallifying for that recall are pretty much 0

General Motors will repurchase the vehicle for the full price the customer paid for it (not exceeding the fair market value at the time the customer purchased it), including taxes and fees. If the vehicle is returned to General Motor's possession in a timely manner, there will be no deductions for mileage or use unless the vehicle has sustained substantial damage beyond normal wear and tear.

General Motors reserves the right to handle each transaxtion on a case-by-case basis relative to the application of a reasonable depreciation allowance for mileage or use and/or reduction in repurchase price if the vehicle has sustained substantial damage beyond normal wear and tear.

General Motors will also pay for the removal of any aftermarket accessories the customer may have installed before they were notified of this recall and return them to the customer. If they no longer have a use for those accessories or they cannot be removed, General Motors will reimburse the customer for the purchase price of those accessories.

The customer's local GM dealer will contact General Motors to begin the repurchase process. General Motors will work with the customer to reach an agreement on the purchase of the vehicle. Dealers will be asked by General Motors to assist in the removal of any aftermarket accessories, inspection of the vehicle, obtaining titles and other documentation required to transfer ownership to General Motors, presenting the customer with a check for the purchase, and taking possession of the vehicle. General Motors will arrange for transportation of the vehicle from the dealer.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      Originally posted by snowmanG6
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Intresting, I never knew they had to pay you what you paid. I always thought was fair market value BS.
                        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                        Gotta have it Green color
                        Brembo brake package
                        420 HP 5.0L
                        Ford Racing Power Pack
                        GT500 track pack differential cover
                        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

i think this one is different from a normal buy back

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                          Originally posted by snowmanG6
                          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by Tborske
                            I do have leather seats in my 6 too, just not sure if I will qualify...if I do I will sell them my car back in a heartbeat
                            me too!!

I wonder if they will buy my car back and give me credit for a 2010 Camaro?... humm

Comment

How do you know if your car is involved in this recall? What models are the ones that had cloth seats and changed to leather? Who changed the seat material?

I'm pretty sure I'm not involved in this cause I have a GTP, but it would be nice.
                              Traded in G6 GTP 17 September 2012 for 2011 Musang GT 5.0L 6sp manual.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”

Get Honor, Stay Honor

Comment

Working...
                              X