NEED HELP ON INSTALLING 12W6's into 2008 G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP ON INSTALLING 12W6's into 2008 G6

just bought two 12w6's with a 1000 watt TMA amp. I have a 2008 pontiac g6 gxp sedan and was wondering what the easiest/best way to wire it would be. I have heard rumors that you can wire it through the monsoon or the 6x9's but havent found any solid info on that. Any help would be great and please be as detailed as possible and dumb it down for me thank you

Re: NEED HELP ON INSTALLING 12W6's into 2008 G6

did you buy a new head unit too? becuase if you didnt, go to your electronics store or wherever, and buy a line output converter. you can wire that to the rear 6x9's, but you will still need to do the remote wire to the ignition i believe? that's where best buy wired my remotewire to
    Mods: CRAB option 3, Black Grill Trim, Intake Resonator Delete, Ram Air Through Grill, Red Calipers, Tinted Tails, Partial Debadge, GM Strut Bar, 20% all-around tint, Lamin-X Headlight tint, Black corners, (FIRST EVER) black GT Rims, 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1's, Kenwood 1000w-2ch amp, DDM HID 6K Low Beams & Fogs

Check Out My Progression!!

Comment

no i still have original head unit. Attaching it to the 6x9's will that reduce the quality or power of the subs and amp?

Comment

barely and no. the converter has nothing to do with power, that's the amp's job... i have the LOC in mine and all my friends who have subs swear it sounds the exact same or barely any different
        Mods: CRAB option 3, Black Grill Trim, Intake Resonator Delete, Ram Air Through Grill, Red Calipers, Tinted Tails, Partial Debadge, GM Strut Bar, 20% all-around tint, Lamin-X Headlight tint, Black corners, (FIRST EVER) black GT Rims, 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1's, Kenwood 1000w-2ch amp, DDM HID 6K Low Beams & Fogs

Check Out My Progression!!

Comment

Working...
        X