Foglight installation then HID's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foglight installation then HID's

So, I want to install some fog lights in my car, then maybe a week later some HID's.

Now I am a COMPLETE n00b when it comes to electrical things. So I was wondering if you guys can help me out.
    As for wiring the actual fog lights, what kind of wire gauge do I need?

A.)I was looking at this and I was wondering will this work? Also would this kit work with the HID kit?

http://www.gizmosforall.com/wiringkitsandbulbs.htm

Heavy Duty Wiring Kits

Our Heavy Duty Universal Wiring Kits are easy to install and come with everything you need to wire any of our lights to your rig. These universal wiring kits will work with any light in any vehicle. They come with over 9' of heavy gauge wire, 30 amp relay, fuse and a switch. You can't go wrong with our universal wiring kits / wire harnesses.

B.) Should I go with a Relay route? Why ?

Now, for the HID question.
    What the difference between 35watt and the 55 watt? Which one should I get? Everyone says the 55watt has more light output but will I be able to use it?

Another question, Do I need to upgrade the wiring for the HID kit or what?

ACK, im soooo confused! I dont want my car to catch on fire!
    Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Re: Foglight installation then HID's

why dont you just buy the parts from gm? or something? i guess I would be worried about the fog housings and stuff because it doesn't look like it comes with them.

as for the HID's I'm unsure if anyone has used the 55W in their fogs yet but the concern with 55w is usually with heat. in the fog area there is some plastic surrounding the bulb so you have to be a little concerned with melting plastic/starting a fire. If it was me i would do 35 watt in the fogs but like i said im not sure if anyone is currently running 55ers in there

if none of this answered anything then consider it a bump
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Well I did find this...
      Fog lamp assy, g6
      05-09 $161.03 $100.48

Electrical - Chassis electrical - Fog lamps - Fog lamp assy

But what does it include? The whole wiring kit or what. Because non of the other options has anything with wiring in it.
      Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

55w will run fine off of stock wiring.. i read somewhere on here that it was designed for 55w? but im running that right now... the lights havent gotten hot yet but i havent driven with them on for very long... and i pulled the drl fuse so they arent on accidentally during the day.
        Mods: CRAB option 3, Black Grill Trim, Intake Resonator Delete, Ram Air Through Grill, Red Calipers, Tinted Tails, Partial Debadge, GM Strut Bar, 20% all-around tint, Lamin-X Headlight tint, Black corners, (FIRST EVER) black GT Rims, 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1's, Kenwood 1000w-2ch amp, DDM HID 6K Low Beams & Fogs

Check Out My Progression!!

Comment

Working...
        X