Another one bites the dust.... -- Mercury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one bites the dust.... -- Mercury

We're a few minutes away from hopping onto Ford's monthly sales call, but according to the Detroit News, the Blue Oval has called a press conference at 3 PM EST that could announce the demise of the Mercury division. Full report to come as soon as we hear more...

UPDATE #2: It's official. Ford's killed the 71-year-old Mercury brand. The last wing-footed car will roll off the assembly line in the 4th quarter of this year.

Should hit the mainstream news around 4:00pm when the conference ends, but Ford's axing the 71 year old brand.

Meh. Half of its like 4 models were dieing next model year anyway. Sales keep going down, down 75% since 2000, and just this month down 10%, while Ford brand itself rose like 35% or something.

Been coming for a long time.

This in fact is a REAL damaged brand. Not like Pontiac. Funny though, as I found Buck was the same was Mercury is, yet GM in their infinate wisdom saved it because it was big in China and are throwing rebadged Euro's that used to be Saturns to it.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Re: Another one bites the dust.... -- Mercury

ford sells the same exact models just with the ford badge on them. so Mercury wont be missed. Mercury is like Oldsmoblie

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

NEXT!!!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

So my last 3 cars....'96 Pontiac Grand Prix, '99 Mecury Sable, '06 Pontiac G6....Done

You guys better get your Chevy Cameros because my first car was a '89 Chevy Corsica, guess that will be the next to go

Comment

As stated... exactly at 4:00pm

They will be phased out in the 4th Quarter this year.
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Not surprising. Rumors been for a while they where going to kill them off. Every Mercury was a rebadge. Last unique-ish mercury I can think of was the FWD cougar that died off in what, like 2003-ish?
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Well the problem is that lincoln never went far enough upscale, thus putting mercury in a bad spot. Lincoln still doesnt compete against the likes of bmw, audi, merecedes, lexus or cadillac. Lincoln only really ever competed with chrysler and buick.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

I wonder if this video will get a little more action on YouTube today?

[youtube:1y21bwtn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHEzBdtbQ6k[/youtube:1y21bwtn]
                "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by dringle2
                  So my last 3 cars....'96 Pontiac Grand Prix, '99 Mecury Sable, '06 Pontiac G6....Done
                  I have owned a Mercury Cougar and a Pontiac G6!! FML!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
                  Originally posted by wzbhnn
                  We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

How does ford justify killing mercury - a brand with potential - while keeping THIS atrocity???

OMFG that has to be the most repulsive looking thing I've ever seen.

I'd drive a sable or milan before i'd even THINK of being caught with that piece of trash...
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

And the best part about it... ^^^ That thing probably costs over 50K!!!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?

Comment

Originally posted by Matts06GT
                        starts at 44-2...talk about paying a premium to look like a loser!
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                          Originally posted by Matts06GT
                          starts at 44-2...talk about paying a premium to look like a loser!
                          So what does it take to get over 50k with a lincoln? hmm...

^^A giant bug deflector!!^^

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                            How does ford justify killing mercury - a brand with potential - while keeping THIS atrocity???

OMFG that has to be the most repulsive looking thing I've ever seen.

I'd drive a sable or milan before i'd even THINK of being caught with that piece of trash...

and funny thing is that the enclave even sells better than this whale ha..... 10 friggin times better....
                            http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Comment

never liked them anyways, ugly grills

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                              Originally posted by [i
                              Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Working...
                              X