• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another GT-R Exhaust review!

Brand: GT-R Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Exhaust System
    Price: $599+ ship
    Purchased From: http://www.classic4performance.com

Installation: Moderate (No lift, me and my brother just used two jack stands so it was a PITA)
    Installation Time: 3.5 hours (If I had a lift, maybe 1.5 hours. Seriously)
    Any Installation Tips You Have: Torque wrench and impact gun if you have the convertible like me!

Quality of Part: 9/10 (-1 since the hangers don't have the weird one-way nipple)
    Product Performance: 9/10 (-1 because now I want to floor it all the time and it's eating my MPG!)
    Would you Recommend to Others: Eff yeah!

Oh man, I am freakin' happy with this exhaust!

Me and my little brother put it on my 2007 G6 GT Convertible (3.5L) yesterday. It was a pain to install, but that's because our friend with a lift was out of town this weekend. I'm sure with the lift there would have been no issues with the install, it would've been easy as pie! (It's pretty easy to get pie when you don't like it!)

After finally torquing the exhaust down and putting the x-braces back on, we took it for a short spin with the top down. I felt a little bit more 'oomph' in the car immediately...although I'm not sure whether it was the one that wanted to take off, or if it was me.

And then after, I promptly drove back down to Orlando, so put 400 miles on it already yesterday. Heck, for the first hour of the trip I didn't have any music, I just listened to the different sounds the exhaust makes at different RPMs at different gears. It's lovely.

It rained the entire way, so I didn't get to push it as much as I would've liked...and I noticed a slight drop in MPG (I did toss some 93 octane in), but I'm sure the MPG drop is all me!

I didn't rate it 10/10 because it's not perfect. If it were perfect it would be giving me some **** right now.

Anyway, enough of this review...I'm going to go out and drive, it's beautiful in Orlando today!
    ********2007 G6 GT Vert, 3.5L, Silver********
    Current Mods: 20% Carbon Tint All Around (incl. windshield!), CRAB CAB, GT-R Exhaust
    Pending Mods: Pioneer AVIC-F500BT and Pioneer ND-G500 Integration
    Wanted Mods: GXP mirrors, AIT Hood, Painted Wheels

Re: Yet another GT-R Exhaust review!

Hey man nice review, could you please post some pics of it on the car. I have been thinking of buying one, however i have seen some that stick way out and some that are too far in on the car. Most likely someone made their own and just said it was GTR....... I'm curious to see what a real gtr looks like on a coupe. Thanks man! Enjoy riding around with it!

Comment

I swear it just gets better and better!!
      mine sounded so good yesterday

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Agreed

Especially with the top down, at near WOT and shifting from 1st to 2nd at about 5500 rpms, it's like
        CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

From what i've heard you should be getting better mpg's with the gt-r. Maybe if you kept your leadfoot off the pedal....LOL

Comment

The sound continues to sound better as the muffler continues to break in. It get mellower with time.

Yes, the converitble install without a lift can be a royal PITA as it a bit more involved and elbow working space becomes an issue. The trick is raising the car high enough while keeping it stable, which is not always possible.

Some tips sticking out too far is dependant on the install, as the system was designed with a certain amount of adjustment, in order to accommodate personal preferences and or aftermarket body kits.

Gas mileage will improve once the lead inside the right shoe is removed

Hope you enjoy many happy miles

Comment

Working...
            X