how do you keep black rims clean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you keep black rims clean?

I just got my new rims and installed this week, pics in my progression thread.

I'm wondering if there are any products out there to use to keep the black clean and shiny, or if just wash like the rest of the car.
    the finish of my rims is black gloss.

Re: how do you keep black rims clean?

theres no way to keep black anything clean ill wash my 6 and by the time drive the 2 blocks home theres dust all up the sides

Comment

I used Turtle Wax Ice spray detailer to clean mine, man it got those things so shiny

Comment

Originally posted by cdubb33
        I used Turtle Wax Ice spray detailer to clean mine, man it got those things so shiny

I'll be stoppong by the store soon to pick this up I want to wash my car today

Comment

Originally posted by g6cruiser
          Originally posted by cdubb33

I'll be stoppong by the store soon to pick this up I want to wash my car today

lol

Comment

agreed, I wax mine with the rest of the car. It helps them stay cleaner but its really next to impossible to keep them completely clean haha

Comment

when i had my g6 rims powdercoated blk, i used turtle was wheel cleaner, safe for all finishes, and scrubbed them with the car soad and a microfiber. took about a week to really notice brake dust taking away from the shine. but on any gloss finishes, they will get dirty quick.
              another thing that helps is dont spray your tires with armoral as the excess gets on the wheels and really makes them get dirtier quicker
              2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
              2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
              613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
              11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
              New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Originally posted by Thebeast
                when i had my g6 rims powdercoated blk, i used turtle was wheel cleaner, safe for all finishes, and scrubbed them with the car soad and a microfiber. took about a week to really notice brake dust taking away from the shine. but on any gloss finishes, they will get dirty quick.
                another thing that helps is dont spray your tires with armoral as the excess gets on the wheels and really makes them get dirtier quicker
                nnnoooooooo!!!!!! i love shinny tires!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by g6cruiser
                  Originally posted by Thebeast
                  nnnoooooooo!!!!!! i love shinny tires!!!!!
                  Same here! Why oh why!!!

I use a professional wheel acid called Super Blue. It gets the front of the wheels perfect but the inside area still has dirt and brake dust and looks like crap even after I spray them and rinse. I just got a new wheels acid this week but I haven't had a chance to use it yet...Hmm, brb.
                  sigpic
                  Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Comment

Ok, I just tried the stuff out and it seems to do the job. One wheel at a time I rinsed and then sprayed liberally with wheel acid waited about 2 minutes and rinsed. They are still wet so I will know for sure in the morning but it appears to work better than the other stuff. The only problem with this stuff is it is only available to professional detailers like me and the stealership I work at. It's kinda dangerous stuff, Sulfuric acid and 2 others that I can't pronounce.
                      sigpic
                      Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Originally posted by thestig
                        Ok, I just tried the stuff out and it seems to do the job. One wheel at a time I rinsed and then sprayed liberally with wheel acid waited about 2 minutes and rinsed. They are still wet so I will know for sure in the morning but it appears to work better than the other stuff. The only problem with this stuff is it is only available to professional detailers like me and the stealership I work at. It's kinda dangerous stuff, Sulfuric acid and 2 others that I can't pronounce.
                        ohh man that's nasty stuff, you gotta be careful with it specially when you got kids around if you have it at home.

Comment

I don't have kids but the fumes from this stuff instantly makes you gag and gasp for air.
                          sigpic

Comment

My technique is easy.

Microfiber cloth with detail spray.

I keep a box of cleaning stuffs in my trunk at all times.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
                            -Chris-
                            -2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan-
                            MP Racing CAI/Mangaflow High Flow Cat/Flowmaster 80 series w/glasspack resonator/MSD ignition: 8.5mm wires and coils/Black housing headlights/tinted GT tails and 3rd light/17" ROH Adrenalin's/235/45 R17 General Exclaim UHP tires/Baer Decela Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/ceramic pads/6000K HID's/dual post mirror swap/SC/T spoiler/20% tint

There's a Grand Am on your G6 site. lul

Comment

i tried using tire gel, instead of the spray, and on the g8 it doesnt seem to want to stay on the tire. shoots all over the side of my car and looks like shit. so im not using any armoral at all. just clean old flat blk rubber and a shiny ass car
                              2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                              2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                              613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                              11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                              New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Working...
                              X