Push Button Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push Button Start

No, I havn't done it yet...but it might happen. I figured I'd run it past you all first.

OK, first, I noticed, if you turn the key to start the car and quickly let go, the car continues to start the car. So, if you put in a push button start, all you'd have to do (Ithink) is turn the key to on and simply push the button.

Second, I know nothing about the ignition wiring of any car...let alone the G6; or anything about actually doing the wiring itself. It just seemed like a good idea. So, if any of you know how to do this, or if it can be done, let me know. I think it would be SAAAWEEET!
    Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

hmmm... it'd be cool I think, maybe not worth the trouble, but awesome if you pull it off
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

you could probably find some general how-to's on the web, then you'd just have to find the correct wires for the G6 and you're set.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

This is just my 2 cents, but then it would take two motions to start the car, as opposed to the one it takes now. The only way this would be cool to me would be if you shaved the door handles, put a remote door open on the fob, and then completely get rid of the key and ONLY have a button.

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm just brainstorming.

Comment

I think this would be cool to have. You got me thinking! But im not sure i would really use it because i always use my remote start I would just do it because it would be neat to have!

Chief- As for the motions thing. I think he would do this because it is something different and new to the 6er. I am sure he wouldnt be doing it because it was feasable or something like that.
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I'm not sure...but I still think you would need the key to unlock the steering column. Anyway, the point would not be for convience...just for cool points...and to say that I have a push button start....thats all!

Comment

if people can hotwire a car without a key, why would you need one if you install a push button?
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefSixer
                This is just my 2 cents, but then it would take two motions to start the car, as opposed to the one it takes now. The only way this would be cool to me would be if you shaved the door handles, put a remote door open on the fob, and then completely get rid of the key and ONLY have a button.

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm just brainstorming.
                I like that... Hit the button and the doors pop open and the car starts in one action. Of course that could be wired to a normal remote start, and you'd likely want some mechanical way to open the doors. No point in starting the car if you just got out and start walking away when you realize you've forgotten something you just need to grab off the passenger seat or whatever.

Comment

i have a remote start with door poppers on my truck. fun, but not the same as a push button start. the C6 has a push button start and no key hole inside the car. you can drive it with the keys in your pocket (they have to be within the proximity though). it's kind of a neat system pre-installed but i don't think it would be worth the time or effort to me to do it.

Comment

I think you all are missing the point. I am just trying something a little different. Thought it would be cool to push a button to start instead of turning the key all the way.....just different.

As for hot wired cars....I am a Cincinnati Policeman...I've seen plenty. Have you ever seen the columns of a stolen car? They are destroyed! Probably not going to do that to the G6 !

This post was mainly designed to see if anyone knew anything about the ignition and possibly the wiring and what wires did what and how I actually get to those wires the easiest way.
                    Thanks

Comment

I think you all are missing the point. I am just trying something a little different. Thought it would be cool to push a button to start instead of turning the key all the way.....just different.

As for hot wired cars....I am a Cincinnati Policeman...I've seen plenty. Have you ever seen the columns of a stolen car? They are destroyed! Probably not going to do that to the G6 !

This post was mainly designed to see if anyone knew anything about the ignition and possibly the wiring and what wires did what and how I actually get to those wires the easiest way.
                      Thanks

Comment

i for one love the idea of adding it to use if wanted and to say yeah i have push start

Comment

I think it is time to talk to my buddy the Mechanic
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I had an idea like that for my carpc I have in my Chevrolet Lumina... I wanted to wire up a fingerprint scanner to my Carpc and use my touchscreen to "push" start the car... basically use the pc to start the car
                            My Progression

Comment

Keep in mind the ignition key is part of a pretty sophisicated vehicle anti-theft system and so just replacing the ignition switch with something that mimics the operation wouldn't address how you would handle theft system

The ignition switch itself is by no means a simple switch there are 2 discrete ignition outputs to BCM as well as a circuit that provides a different voltage depending on ignition switch position. All three of these signals are compared by BCM to figure out power moding of vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X