How To - Splatter Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To - Splatter Paint

ok so some of you guys were wanting a write up on my splatter techniques, so here we go...

first wipe down what you want to paint with alcohol. .90 cents per bottle at any grocery store.

now that its clean we need to lay our base coat. for me I used black but get creative with it. I dont have a pic of the paint I used but its Krylon Plastic Paint, has a pic of a kids playhouse on the front.

now that the base is laid out, we need to mix up the splatter paint. easiest way of doing this is to buy a can of spray paint in whatever color you choose, for me it was red, and then.........

buy these clear plastic containers from lowes, about 8 bucks for a pack of like 20? and get some paint brushes, 2 bucks a piece. turn the plastic container upside down and push it down onto the spray paint can. using the \container, push the can and spray paint onto the side of the container. tilt it a little so the paint will settle in the bottom of the container so you can dip your brush in it.

edit: just noticed, the can in the left of the picture is the Krylon Plastic Fusion paint I use. Thats the stuff you want to get. DISCLAIMER!!! this shit will not come off!

next is to sling away and make a mess, the messier the better.

thats what you'll get. if you want smaller more defined lines you can use smaller brushes and wave them over the piece your painting, youll get a line of paint effect more then a splatter.

if you have any questions on any of it lemme know, hope this helps you future splatter painters!

Re: How To - Splatter Paint

You can now sell that Super Nintendo on Ebay as a "special edition'!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Pretty sweet process.

and I could totally see some Nintendo fanatic paying $200 for it

Comment

good write up...

but did you paint behind the sliding power button and the reset button is the real question
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
          good write up...

but did you paint behind the sliding power button and the reset button is the real question
          power button, yes. reset button, no. because the reset button wont stay up and if I paint under it then let go it'll just smear all the paint.

Comment

Good write up!!!

My only concern is that what may seem like a new idea (atleast to me) has ALREADY been done... not only that but some have gone OVERBOARD with this technique.... NOT you, yours STILL looks BA... it's others like the ones on the link I posted on the ricer thread...

Again good job on the write up and on your interior!!!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
            I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Nice write up. I feel like if I were to do this with another, newer game console, I should cover all vents but what I wonder is if painting a 360 would cause overheating by adding even a slim amount of insulation. Anyone know?

BTW that will look great in your car!

Comment

Originally posted by bassist1089
                Nice write up. I feel like if I were to do this with another, newer game console, I should cover all vents but what I wonder is if painting a 360 would cause overheating by adding even a slim amount of insulation. Anyone know?

BTW that will look great in your car!
                with the newer consoles they come apart and you can paint the pieces individually. wouldnt cause any problems with overheating either, the 360 is going to fail on you anyway so lol jk

Comment

Working...
                X