Aftermarket Stereo Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Stereo Installation

I bought a Pioneer double din head unit, and want to install the systme myself. Can some please walk me through the process, I don't wamma mess anything up. I already have to correct wiring harness and in dash kit. I went to circuit city and they wanted to charge like $400 to re-locate my stero to the trunk and move the factory amp.

well im no expert but one thing you will need to keep in mind- It would be wise to keep the factory harness installed so they can plug your old radio in for diagnostics on your car if anything goes wrong
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

First of all, what good does your stereo do you in the trunk?
      I have not had the chance to run and aftermarket HU in the 6 yet. But I would imagine (if it is like all other setups) the wires should be color coded. The new harness wires should match the aftermarket Hu wires. Just tap them into each other and plug away. Thats the point of buying an aftermarket wiring harness, it plugs right into the factory harness. No hard wiring. But like i said, this is pretty much how all stereos i have installed previously, not exactly sure what the 6er all involves.
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

are u looking for info on how to remove the factory unit and such????

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
          First of all, what good does your stereo do you in the trunk?
          I have not had the chance to run and aftermarket HU in the 6 yet. But I would imagine (if it is like all other setups) the wires should be color coded. The new harness wires should match the aftermarket Hu wires. Just tap them into each other and plug away. Thats the point of buying an aftermarket wiring harness, it plugs right into the factory harness. No hard wiring. But like i said, this is pretty much how all stereos i have installed previously, not exactly sure what the 6er all involves.
          the thing with my dash kit (the metra turbo), is that the wiring harness plugs into that (2 plugs), then there's one main harness that plugs into the stock wiring harness. You need to cut and solder the color-coded wires that came with the radio onto the corresponding wires on the harness that came with the dash kit. Not really sure if it's the same with a double-din unit, since the metra kit is specifically for the G6.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yeah mike, when i said "tap" i meant that as splicing the wires together and solder or however the connection would be made. Then you would have (1) harness that plugs into the new HU and plugs into he factory harness I think we are talking about the same process.
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

oh ok. i totally forgot that you lose the DIC with a double din unit. my bad
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
              X