Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To:Remove Chrome Window Trim (with video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To:Remove Chrome Window Trim (with video)

hnd8n told me how to do this, but I havn't been able to find an actual tutorial for those who may still be stumped about it or can't find the screw. So I figured I would give it a shot.

The chrome trim is being removed with the intention of sanding and painting then re-assembly. I do not suggest or intend to imply that the trim remain removed. Reinstalling the trim is just the reverse of this process.

So the chrome trim is just laying in the door held in by one screw. Remove the screw and pull the trim up and out.

This one on the front door:

And here on the back door:

And to simplify things even more here is a video:

[youtube:23etcum9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvqlXyBB8n0[/youtube:23etcum9]

I hope this helps someone out, and makes the whole thing a little simpler.
    07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
    05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Re: How To:Remove Chrome Window Trim (with video)

Chrome Trim doesn't seem to be attached by just a screw. The Chrome Trim appears to be attached to a moulding that is best left on the door............

for even taking the time to watch the video or entertain this!
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Hell yeah! I was wondering how to get it off.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
        Chrome Trim doesn't seem to be attached by just a screw. The Chrome Trim appears to be attached to a moulding that is best left on the door............

well that was a stupid post

as far teh the OP on a great how to

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

why is that bad? you remove the door trim sand and paint. ur not supposed to leave it off....
          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Oh I see, so the how to is really a "starter", there's other stuff to do, besides just taking it off...............................
            "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Oh I see, so the how to is really a "starter", there's other stuff to do, besides just taking it off...............................

Correct, my bad. I removed it with the intention of painting it. I have no idea why anyone would want to leave it off.

Sorry for not being clear.

Comment

So does the chrome trim come further off of the molding or is it permanent attached to the molding? Either way thanks for the how to, I have been looking for something like that!

Comment

Nice how-to man

Comment

Im suprised its that easy thanks for giving me another project my GF can bitch about LOL
                    My Progress thread
                    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Originally posted by eatsomecarrots
                      So does the chrome trim come further off of the molding or is it permanent attached to the molding? Either way thanks for the how to, I have been looking for something like that!
                      I didn't try taking it off, but my assumption is that it's permanent. I'm guessing you would do more damage trying to pry the chrome off.

And to everyone else thanks!!

Comment

now wen painting it....should i clear coat it or not...prime or just sand?
                        Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                        JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Interesting. On a blue car, I wonder if body color blue, black, or satin silver to match the front grilles would look best there.
                          Done: G6 2009.5 spoiler, Eibach Springs, Disc Italia cross-drilled and slotted rotors, Disc Italia ceramic brake pads, GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, GM body kit, G6 GXP Street Edition Hood, recessed upper/lower grilles painted matte satin silver, red brake calipers w/decals, 35% tint
                          Electric Blue body color matched: Stock GTP rims on inner portion only, Racingline strut bar, engine cover, battery cover & interior trim pieces

My Progression Thread

Comment

I painted mine about 6 months ago after failing with the chrome-be-gone vinyl. Its honestly a PITA, lots of taping and prep work. There is a rubber strip towards the top that can't be painted because it flexes when the window moves. So you get a cut off line of paint.

Also, I live in Ohio and we get slammed with snow. My painted trim started to chip in the winter because of that cut off point mentioned above. It gives the ice something to grip onto and pull.

Comment

Originally posted by killiger2009
                              now wen painting it....should i clear coat it or not...prime or just sand?
                              sand lightly. wipe it down with something to clean it off. base coat. clear coat.. 2 if you want
                              Mods: CRAB option 3, Black Grill Trim, Intake Resonator Delete, Ram Air Through Grill, Red Calipers, Tinted Tails, Partial Debadge, GM Strut Bar, 20% all-around tint, Lamin-X Headlight tint, Black corners, (FIRST EVER) black GT Rims, 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1's, Kenwood 1000w-2ch amp, DDM HID 6K Low Beams & Fogs

Check Out My Progression!!

Comment

Working...
                              X