Drag racing FWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag racing FWD

Iknow the topic may seem like an oxymoron to some but hear me out.

Drag racing in a FWD car, would you not want the stiffest shock bound? Since you DONT want to transfer the weight to the back of the car. Like in a RWD car, you want loose shock bound in the front, and stiff in the back, so its easier to plant wight on the rear, and the rear on the ground. But since... its FWD, wouldn't you want as much weight to stay in front as possible? Thats why cars like STR4's have such a hard time hooking, because as they hit it, the wieght is thrown in back and the tires break loose all day long.
    2007 G5 Base Model
    Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Yes. You don't want weight to shift rearward for a fwd. That's why it is said that a fwd with 300hp is just like masturbation, in the end you are just f'n yourself.
    04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
    Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

It's also impossible to do a wheelie with FWD.
      With torque steer and weigh shift, FWD is not meant for drag racing.

Comment

WHEELY BARS!!! Thats what they use dont they?

Comment

Two choices on the weight transfer.

Get some sort of air spring for the rear to keep the weight from moving down in the back.

Or build a strap for the front to load the front suspension. Basically you connect the strut tower to the control arm.

Either way will help prevent weight transfer and help the launch.

The first is more effective.

John
          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
            It's also impossible to do a wheelie with FWD.
            With torque steer and weigh shift, FWD is not meant for drag racing.
            The wheelie thing... kinda goes without saying huh? lol

But afterseeing an all motor 10 second civic hatch, and an srt-4 light up a viper... Im starting to raise eyebrows about FWD potential. If I drive it, its meant for drag racing :smoke: Hell in the beginning AWD was meant only to help handling and now turbo 4 cylinders are jumping sub 2 second short times.

As for the actual input to the topic, thanks, I didn't think about those 2 options. Either way, for now I dont have enough torque to even spin the tires off the line more than 1/2 second, but its always nice to be prepared!
            2007 G5 Base Model
            Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

Working...
            X