Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you connect the antenna to an aftermarket radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you connect the antenna to an aftermarket radio?

I'm trying to install my new Pioneer DVD player, and I ran into a wall. The factory antenna wire has a tip on it that won't fit into the antenna connector on the new radio. I really don't care about XM anymore, my subscription is almost up anyway, I just want the AM/FM. The antenna on the Pioneer is a long round female connector, and the one on the factory is a short male connector that is smaller in diameter, so it won't fit snug into the Pioneer one, and it isn't long enough to reach the hole at the bottom of the connector. Do I need an adapter or something?
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Pretty much ever GM since like 95 has had a small atten plug, you can hit up like wallyworld and get an adapter for like $10 or so... gives about 4-6 inches as well...
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

both my 97 Monte and girls 98 Cavy had those plugs... Stupid design but easy fix

Comment

ah i didn't feel like searching around for it so I just bent the factory one straight, connected it, and taped it up tight. The reception is fine. If it becomes an issue then I'll buy this thing. Thanks guys
        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

haha that will work too....

Comment

Pretty much ever GM since like 95 has had a small atten plug, you can hit up like wallyworld and get an adapter for like $10 or so... gives about 4-6 inches as well...
            WOW IT GIVES YOU 4-6 INCHES!!
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I know I could make use with 4-6 inches...
              Straight up Pimp Trollin'
              2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
              w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I hope you mean 4-6 inches extra. hehehe

Anyway after I already bent it I was at a small auto store and they had Ford and GM antenna adapters...but it looked exactly the same as the one that's on there now. Oh well.
                -Mike #1

Comment

I used to see them all the time at wal mart, not sure since I haven't been to a wallyworld in quite some time.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: How do you connect the antenna to an aftermarket radio?

on my last vehicle that had a window antenna, i had a separate power wire for a stock booster. Does anyone know if this car needs the booster power to? and if so what wire is it.

Comment

FAIL_CITY or Bestbuy should have what you need hell I even seen it before at K-Mart
                      2008 G6 V6 Sedan-Liquid Silver Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by carlosmh
                        on my last vehicle that had a window antenna, i had a separate power wire for a stock booster. Does anyone know if this car needs the booster power to? and if so what wire is it.
                        Yes, it has an antenna amplifier.

On the blue radio harness, it is the pink wire, pin B6.
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

so is it getting power from the metra harness or i need to splice and tap off the radio accessory. i have a d3 installed with the metra 33-03 the on with the dic.

Comment

Originally posted by carlosmh
                            so is it getting power from the metra harness or i need to splice and tap off the radio accessory?
                            Your aftermarket radio should have a remote wire. Assuming your remote wire puts out +12, then that should get connected to B6. I'm not a mobile audio expert so someone else may need to chime in.
                            2009 PONTIAC G8
                            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Holy Thread Revival
                              Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                              I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                              Originally posted by ahuhn
                              i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Working...
                              X