GRRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRRR

My car is pullin to the right when I take my hand off the wheel I don't know but its been doing it lately so tomorrow I'm takin it in at 8:30 am before I go to work at 2 I hope I don't need a front end alignment at 9400 miles

Re: GRRR

Originally posted by Stacy
    My car is pullin to the right when I take my hand off the wheel I don't know but its been doing it lately so tomorrow I'm takin it in at 8:30 am before I go to work at 2 I hope I don't need a front end alignment at 9400 miles
    Make sure the tires are at their proper pressures. A low tire can make a car pull to one side. Not saying thats the problem, only that it's a possibility.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I'm pretty sure mine's been doing it since around 7000 miles, but there are so many pot holes and crooked roads around here, if I got an alignment it wouldn't take long for it to happen again.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

^ Elmwood park had some SERIOUS potholes. I feel for you! Out here we have smoother roads, but there are tons of gravel trucks everywhere you go. So my paint gets chips all the time. Gotta love the Chicago burbs!
        SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
        Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
        CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
        Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

A lot of cars do this because of the crown of the road.

All of my cars have always pulled slightly to the right because of it.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Tin_Indian_G6
            ^ Elmwood park had some SERIOUS potholes. I feel for you! Out here we have smoother roads, but there are tons of gravel trucks everywhere you go. So my paint gets chips all the time. Gotta love the Chicago burbs!
            I'm in Elmwood Park, NJ, not Illinois I know there is one in your state too.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Initialy when the G6 came out there was allot of issues with the tires.
              They warranty the tires for something like 13,000 miles.
              Anyone jump in here who can quote it exact. But I would contact
              the dealer about it. Dont let them tell you that you knocked it out of allignment either as there was issues last year on this.
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

If anyone read my posts you would know of my issues with alignment and tires.
                I've now had all 4 Continentals changed under warranty. I have 31k miles on my G6.
                2 were changed the day after I took it off the lot.
                Roads here have some serious crown as well. Central Indiana is very flat and the water needs somewhere to go when it rains. So...there is almost always a slight pull depending on what side of the road you are on.
                The difficult part is the electric steering. It's stiffer than pump assisted steering when your at hiway speeds. My arm gets tired always pulling the wheel to one side. I am getting buff though. :smoke:
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

My car had the same issue, they did an Alignment and it still pulled, it turned out the wheel itself was crooked.
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

UPDATE

Well they did a radial pull and some torque and steer work but fixed my car less than 30 minutes Car isn't going to the right anymore which is good :warped:

Comment

^ So now it's going to the left? ... glad they were able to fix it quickly
                      (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

I had the same issue.

Once it was out of alignment (Went to new brunswick, ice pot holes, those are the worst cause they are DEEP).

The other time was just tire preassure. Just yesterday i started noticing it going to the left a bit, my front tire was down to 32.5 PSI!!! (Oops should check it more often).

BTW quick question, what is the "correct" tire preassure? they say max 44psi, but thats the max, i wonder what is the "ideal"?

I put them all up to 42.5 just to be safe.
                        Canadian 2006 G6 GT Coupe, Black Leather, 8-spkr Monsoon, 17" chrome rims, SolarGuard HP Charcoal 22%, Trunk protector & roll carpet, Silver tire valve covers and a driver with a .

Comment

The correct tire pressure will be displayed on a sticker somewhere along the drivers side rocker panel.

For my GTP with 225/50/18 I keep them at 31PSI.

At 42.5 PSI... you are running at an unsafe level.
                          When you over-inflate, you will wear the tire through the middle as well.

** Check them when they are cold **
                          Black GTP, 6-speed
                          Ottawa, Ontario
                          Go Sens!!!

Comment

Whats the pressure of the doughnut tire?
                            It said something like 75 psi on it but that cant be right....???
                            It that a max pressure?

Read here as to why I need that info..aarrggggg:
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyoma_2
                              The other time was just tire preassure. Just yesterday i started noticing it going to the left a bit, my front tire was down to 32.5 PSI!!! (Oops should check it more often).

BTW quick question, what is the "correct" tire preassure? they say max 44psi, but thats the max, i wonder what is the "ideal"?

I put them all up to 42.5 just to be safe.
                              I usually keep mine around 32. Never go to the max pressure. I think this was discussed in another thread.
                              2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X