Updated w/pics:GTP 18" wheels and tires on a v-6 base m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated w/pics:GTP 18" wheels and tires on a v-6 base m

Yesterday I tried Arcanum's (Jason) Factory wheels and tires on my car yesterday and had absolutly no issues with fitment, bounced the suspension and was nowhere near rubbing anything. Actually they fit very nice. Just figured that I would share my success story with you all .
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

I dont see why you would have thought there would be a fitmint issue anyways?! Considering that numerous people have put aftermarket 18's and even 20's on these cars?!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Noah, there was a discussion on this in the past and a couple others said that it couldn't be done with the factory 225/50/18 tires.

SSSS member #2

Comment

yeah I remember that the issue mentioned was a different fender liner was used to accomodate the 18's.
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Cool Bill! Bet you like them! I happen to think those wheels look really good for OEM equipment. Not too often I feel that way. Congrats, and enjoy! :smoke:
          SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
          Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
          CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
          Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

You said you tried them on. Are you saying you're keeping them on too? Hope so. Enjoy!
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I definately loved the way they looked on the car. We will see in the future.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Originally posted by MONTERACER
                Noah, there was a discussion on this in the past and a couple others said that it couldn't be done with the factory 225/50/18 tires.
                I have aftermarket 18s on my car and im using 225/45/18 tires.. but the company sent me the wrong size tire mounted so i didnt really have a choice.
                2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Here's the pics that were taken of my car with the GTP wheels on it.

or bigger pics can be see at my cardomain.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2326733

SSSS member #2

Comment

such an improvement
                    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                    ^ The Man
                    v The Legend

Comment

NICE!!!!!
                      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

wow! looks like a whole new car! good job!
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Im soooo getting a set of those.... (im going black tho) but that looked GOOD!
                          2007 G5 Base Model
                          Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

Working...
                          X