wind noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wind noise

i've notice that i can hear a lot of wind in my car while i'm driving like 60...i don't know what it is....i have a coupe and it sound like its coming from my front window near the side mirrors in that area.....

Hummm.... I have a coupe as well, and I havent experienced anything I would call wind noise. Maybe others will have more to say.
    2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Comment

I know in some of my vehicles, if i do not have the music up I can hear the air comming across the mirrors themselves.
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

yeah, the mirrors on the coupe make alot of noise, especailly at 80mph +
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

so i guess i need to take it to the dealership and have them do something cause it sounds like air rushing in the car but i put my hand to my window and i don't feel it...and my mustang never did

Comment

If it is in fact the mirrors, there's not much the dealership can do. It's the fluid property of the air as it goes over the mirrors
            Originally posted by colinpeddle
            They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
            That here, by G6er law, we lie
            Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
            THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

when i was saying mirrors i was just giving a location...thats where it sounds like the air is comming in near the bottom right of the window

Comment

one thing you may want to do... is disconnect/reconnect your battery and recalibrate window indexing...

I know last time I took mine to the dealership, they apparently didn't know how to do it... and let them un-calibrated, and once I was on the road and driving, the window would move in and out against the car, and let air in around 60 mph... as soon as I got home I reset it, and it was no problem then

the mirrors still make a racket when I'm tearing ass around at 100 mph (which I do disturbingly often ) but it is a totally different thing
                Originally posted by TLS2000
                Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Mine has some wind noise and it's pretty annoying, cept mine is comin from the rear of the window. I wanna get some vent shades and see if that helps, but haven't bit the bullet yet.

Comment

hmm I haven't really noticed. I'll check it out next time i'm on the highway...I usually have the music blasting
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I had this problem. I had a wind whistle sound that seemed to come from the passenger side window(bottom). At first, I thought there was a windshield seal issue or a crack or hole in the cowl.

The dealer replaced some trim around my mirrors and that fixed the problem. It took 3 visits for them to finally fiqure it out.

Good luck!

Chris M.
                      Black GTP, 6-speed
                      Ottawa, Ontario
                      Go Sens!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X