HID install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID install problem

I bought the 35w raptor HID kit for my fog lights and for some reason i have zero light output with the car in the on position and engine on. We have everything wired properly (we think) and we also tested both balasts and still no go.
    Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Re: HID install problem

did you make sure the polarity is correct? b/c if its not they wont work...... for the fogs purple wire is positive.....

Comment

Are they plug type connections? If you are splicing wires then there must be a bad connection or balasts are no good.
      MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

How did you test your ballasts? 12v battery?
        Progression Thread:
        viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31257

Comment

How did you test your ballasts? 12v battery?
          Progression Thread:
          viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31257

Comment

Flip the plug around going into the ballast.
            2007 G6 GTP Hammerhead spoiler GXP bumper 6k hids low and fogs exhaust 4 inch tips

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6R
              Flip the plug around going into the ballast.
              this
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Yea it turned out to be a polarity issue, flipped plug and all worked well. Ill have a friend take some pics when we leave here soon.

I was supposed to have my low beams in today as well, however DDM tuning failed to send them to me. I called customer service with an answering machine so hopefully they work things out with me. They were pretty backed up with orders lately so perhaps they forgot, I dont know until they call me back.

As far as quality of the unit, for $25 without shipping it really is a no brainer. They are wicked bright even for a 35w system and the overall quality is very good. Balasts are a nice stainless steel or something similar and completely waterproof, or it sure looks that way.

As far as mounting position I used the tape to hold it on the plastic that must be peeled away to access the fog lights, they fit perfectly with no issues at all. For anyone thinking of doing this the way I did, get some new body clips as most of mine were pretty shot after pulling them once.
                Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Comment

Working...
                X