Remote Starter - I need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Starter - I need help!!

I need help!! When I first got my car back in February I used the remote starter all the time. Over the summer I did not use my remote start at all. Last week I tired to use the remote start again, but it is not working anymore. My car has been into the dealership twice once for an oil change and the second time to fix a water leak.

I am wondering if the dealership did something that may have shut off the remote starter. I already looked at the DIC and it says Remote Starter: ON.

If anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Black G6 GTP Coupe w/ leather interior, sunroof, 18" ultra-bright wheels

Are you hitting the lock doors button before you hit the remote start?
    Another question I have to ask....the rest of the remote works, right?
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Yes I am. I don't know. I will probably have to take it to the dealership.

Comment

Mine stopped working for a bit after my alarm went off. Was there anytime that you set off your alarm just prior to it not working?

I disconnected the battery for another reason (exhaust) and it seemed to have fixed it. I would try that before driving in for service. Keep in mind that it clears you settings but I believe the default is on in the DIC (?).

MODS:

Comment

my whole keyless thingy isnt working even if im next to the car. it works whenever it wants to. i gotta take it to the dealer
          35% front/5% all-around tint, chrome grill,
          MTEC headlight bulbs, cold air box, redline tuning, LED reverse bulbs, passport x50 blue, custom catback system, painted headlights, shaved badges

Comment

When you try to operate the Remote Start what happens? Do you see the turn signals flash briefly after you press and release LOCK and then immediately press and hold REMOTE START buttons.

And do your other remote keyless features work like lock/unlock doors?

Comment

That would be the battery in the remote. Intermitant response.
              My fee? $5
              Delaership Fee $40 + $3.88 for the battery. :smoke:

MODS:

Comment

When I press lock then I press the remote start the turn signals flash and thats it. My keb fob works fine. I have no problems with it. I have set off my alarm before, but not before I tired the remote starter.
                If I disconnect my battery will the settings come back?

Comment

have you checked your Menu in your DIC to see if remote start has been enabled? Who knows, maybe the dealership turned it off when doing work and forgot to turn it back on. Might be worth the 20 seconds it'll take to check it.
                  06 G6 GT Sedan (Black)
                  Motegi DV5 18" Chrome Wheels
                  Falken 225/45 R18 performance tires.
                  7 window tint (35% front, 17% rear)
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2448881

** SOLD ** ** SOLD ** ** SOLD **

Comment

He already mentioned DIC shows Remote Start Enabled in first post.

The lamp flash indicates that the BCM is receiving request for remote start but it must be getting disabled. Both the BCM and ECM can cause remote start to be disabled.

There are several different ways for you to distinguish which one is doing it by observation. Here is one of the easier on a 2006 model.

Stand next to vehicle or sit inside it and keep an eye on the Passenger Airbag Display on center console. Now try doing another remote start and watch the display. Do you ever see the ON and OFF indicators in display light up? If so they likely stay illuminated for approx 20 seconds before turning off. If this happens then the issue is with ECM disabling remote start. If the indicators never come on at all then the BCM is disabling remote start.

Have you ever had any problems with your alarm going off by itself?

Comment

Drat - a double post

Comment

My alarm went off before, but only because I set it off a couple times. I will try seeing which one is not working the BCM or ECM.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Comment

If the remote works sometimes and other times it does not work, spend the 4 bucks on a battery before taking it into the dealership and risking them screwing up something else.

Jeff
                          My 07 G6 Convertible
                          http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...6/IMG_0394.jpg

My 76 Vette
                          http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/P4240002.jpg

Comment

Keep in mind if other functions work and just not remote start then problems isn't the fob battery.

Although I am not sure how well it works the system actually is supposed to provide a DIC message if key fob battery getting low.

Comment

Working...
                            X