The Time has Come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Time has Come

The LS2's are bald! I need new tires. I'm pretty set on getting a set of Continental DWS. Anyone heard anything about them? Everything that I have read about them says they are pretty damn good. Also a quick question about sizing. The stocks are the 225/50/18 will I have any fitment issues at 225/45/18?? Thanks

Re: The Time has Come

They'll fit, but it'll throw off your speedo. Stick with the correct tire size, do it right.
    -Chris-
    -2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan-
    MP Racing CAI/Mangaflow High Flow Cat/Flowmaster 80 series w/glasspack resonator/MSD ignition: 8.5mm wires and coils/Black housing headlights/tinted GT tails and 3rd light/17" ROH Adrenalin's/235/45 R17 General Exclaim UHP tires/Baer Decela Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/ceramic pads/6000K HID's/dual post mirror swap/SC/T spoiler/20% tint

There's a Grand Am on your G6 site. lul

Comment

If you use 245/45/18 it will fit and not through off your speedometer. That's what I use and they are great! Go to Tirerack.com and read the reviews for Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-2's. I have been very happy with them and everyone else has been too.
      sigpic
      Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Originally posted by thestig
        If you use 245/45/18 it will fit and not through off your speedometer. That's what I use and they are great! Go to Tirerack.com and read the reviews for Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-2's. I have been very happy with them and everyone else has been too.
        http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Actually the speedo will be .4 to fast. So when you read 60 you will actually be doing 59.6. Thats not a big deal but you will also be putting a small amount more miles on the car than with stock size.

That said stick with stock size

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

WTF? Why do you people like not using the correct tire size? Goddamn...
          -Chris-
          -2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan-
          MP Racing CAI/Mangaflow High Flow Cat/Flowmaster 80 series w/glasspack resonator/MSD ignition: 8.5mm wires and coils/Black housing headlights/tinted GT tails and 3rd light/17" ROH Adrenalin's/235/45 R17 General Exclaim UHP tires/Baer Decela Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/ceramic pads/6000K HID's/dual post mirror swap/SC/T spoiler/20% tint

There's a Grand Am on your G6 site. lul

Comment

hmmm maybe better traction and handling
            Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

I just put Bridgestone Potenza re750 sport tires on my 18" wheels, 245/45 18 and they are awesome. Road handling is great and the noise is definitely less than the ls2's. Tire rack I think they were around $148 a tire. If you dont want a summer only tire I would recommend Bridgestone Potenza re960AS pole position. Reviews are great for both dry and in wet/snow conditions.
              -Tim
              2013 Chrysler 300 S V6 8spd auto
              2009 G6 GT Sedan - Brothers ride
              2008 G6 GXP Sedan - Sold @ 51k
              -5% Tint all around
              -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 245/45/18's
              -Racingline STB
              -Eibach Springs
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe - SOLD @ 70k
              2005 G6 GT Sedan - SOLD @ 99k

Comment

my race rubber is 40 profile on 17s. awesome handling. mind you for daily driving i have rims with 225/50 tires.
                '08 3.5 lz4
                Custom fenderwell CAI
                FIRST G6 TO USE COILOVERS
                Megan Racing coilovers
                Addco Rear Sway Bar
                Racingline strut-bar installed
                Racingline MMI's installed

Comment

i need new tires also but dont have the money my front drivers side one is shot belt coming through on the inside of the tire and the pass one isnt that bad and the back 2 are perfect.... wanted to change them all at once but looks like im stuck with crappy ls2 for a while
                  Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Originally posted by TwistinTommy
                    The LS2's are bald! I need new tires. I'm pretty set on getting a set of Continental DWS. Anyone heard anything about them? Everything that I have read about them says they are pretty damn good. Also a quick question about sizing. The stocks are the 225/50/18 will I have any fitment issues at 225/45/18?? Thanks
                    I HAVE YOKOHAMA AVIDS FOR SALE! GUUUUUUUUUH AND UR IN ARLINGTON HEIGHTS! YES IM YELLING!
                    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Finally settled on a set of Pirelli P Nero Zero AS 235/50/18. Its like driving on rails now! Handled famously in today's rain. Not too bad for $130 a piece.

Comment

those look nice, about the same price for the LS2's anyways

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

this kid in my auto shop class bought some new tires for his car a few weeks ago. after he put them on the car i went over to look. turns out he bought some ls2's for his car. after i told them how bad they were, he blew me off drove away. the other day he came up to me and said how right i was and how he wishes he went with the pirelli's he was origionally gonna get
                          ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

i had Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S on my 18" GTP wheels the first time around and absolutely loved them.....they are the same all season rubber compound but the same tread mold as their summer only tires and they handled awesome........

what i really loved is if you drove down the highway for a lil while and got out and felt the tire they felt sticky, unfortunately when it came time for new tires i was out of town working and got stuck goin thru a tire shop and they wanted like 1600 for the pirellis so i had to go with toyo proxes for 900 and they are "ok" i guess but one these get heated up they become more greasy and slicker rather than stickier, so im probably gonna go with the pirellis again, i might try the hankook ventus S12 evo but i havent decided yet but one thing is for sure the pirellis have been the best tire i have had on my 6er so far....... first was the stock hankooks.........those sucked 46kmiles i put on the pirellis and those lasted me till about 72k and still had 4/32s" left on them and could have easil gotten another 10-15k out of them had it still been summer...........but my snow tires hadnt arrived at the house till after i got sent to work in UT in december and had to get new tires, i had the toxyo proxes 4 on for probably 5k mile to begin with, and ran bridgestone blizzaks for about 10k miles and still have about 2/3 of the tread left, and the toyos i have had on for about 20k miles and they are down to the wear bars and about done lol. so im either goin with the hankook ventus or the pirellis again havent really decided which yet.

also have the sock LS2s on my other set of GTP wheels and they suck lol. good for doin burnouts and thats about it haha.

Comment

Just a little offtopic randomness.... My Uncle lives in Arlington Heights.
                              Traded in G6 GTP 17 September 2012 for 2011 Musang GT 5.0L 6sp manual.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”

Get Honor, Stay Honor

Comment

Working...
                              X