Nitrogen Fill Upkeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrogen Fill Upkeep

I have my tires filled with nitrogen already and I was wondering, where do the rest of you, with nitrogen get your tires filled when they are low? I am wondering what prices people pay and where it can be done cheaply.

Is it possible to get some sort of small tank and do it myself at home? I have tried to look a little bit online without much success.

Thanks

Re: Nitrogen Fill Upkeep

My buddy uses nitrogen in his asphalt circle track car he just gets a big bottle from Purity Gas Cylinders in MI. I'm sure you could probebly buy a tank from your local welding supply company.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
    Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
    INDIAN WARRIORS
    1926-2010

Comment

I forgot to mention you can mix regular air with nitrogen.

Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
      INDIAN WARRIORS
      1926-2010

Comment

Why do you use nitrogen in your g6's tires? You too good for air? j/k
        Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Racecar drivers use it... I use it... Therfore I am a racecar driver...lol no but at Belle tire in MI that's all they normaly use

RIP
          INDIAN WARRIORS
          1926-2010

Comment

youd either have to go to a shop that has it and see if they charge for top offs or just get a tank. a tank is only a few bucks

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

The whole point of using nitrogen, or one of them, is that you shouldn't have to fill it up as often. Nitrogen is a large molecule than Oxigen and such, therefore escapes out of microscopic holes less than regular air.
              2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
              2005 CGM GTO.
              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

also, don't they use it for racing to stabilize air pressure within the tires? To keep the pressure from climbing as the tires get hot, which screws up handling characteristics in teh ride?
                Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

u crack me up.....

Comment

Originally posted by stupendusd
                    also, don't they use it for racing to stabilize air pressure within the tires? To keep the pressure from climbing as the tires get hot, which screws up handling characteristics in teh ride?

correct. its also used in airplanes for teh very same reason. it doesnt fluctuate anywhere near as much as air

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

How has the nitrogen fill doing so far? I've always thought this was kind of a scam seeing as our air that normally fills our tires is 78.09% Nitrogen. Yes pure Oxygen isn't pumped into tires

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                      G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

my tires loose maybe 2 lbs every 6 months. otehr tehn that ive never noticed any difference.

Comment

Yeah, I am not really sure I have noticed much difference but they did it when they put on the tires a while back so I have it. I have not checked the pressure yet so I am not sure how much might have escaped.

Comment

Keep up with those tire pressures man, especially if you don't have the TPMS. Save gas not to mention better to be safe than sorry. That said I doubt you have lost much.

Comment

Originally posted by stupendusd
                              Keep up with those tire pressures man, especially if you don't have the TPMS. Save gas not to mention better to be safe than sorry. That said I doubt you have lost much.

Nah, just keep some hairspray and a lighter with you. When they get real low...

[youtube:2e6r3m7l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGeDSzPaTKU[/youtube:2e6r3m7l]
                              sigpic
                              Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Working...
                              X