Subwoofer moving while driving..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer moving while driving..

I apologize if there is a thread out there.. i couldn't find it.

since our trunks are a little funny on the coupes(they curve down near the rear seats.) my sub has been going all over the place in my trunk.

any suggestions to keep it down?

I'm thinking velcro, but when i had that on my jeep it didn't work so well.

thanks
    macc
    KO

the velcro worked in my Grand Am. I used a couple pieces, about 2.5"-3" wide by about 18". The sub never moved.

Comment

Velco
      build something to hold it all in place
      rubber mat
      bungy cords
      duct tape
      i would choose from the first (3)
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I personally like the hook and loop method. You know those double sided hooks with the spinning thing in the middle to tighten. Just moutn an eye bolt on your box and the fender and tighten it towards the fender wall.

John
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

don't drive so crazy
          BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
          ^ The Man
          v The Legend

Comment

don't drive so crazy
            seriously? come on man!

it can't be helped
            KO

Comment

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy 4 small 'L' brackets. Also, buy some short sheet metal screws. Position the sub where you want it, mark off the area , drill the holes for the L brackets and install them with the sheet metal screws. The sub won't move after that.
              2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
              Forge Motorsports BPV
              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
              HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Wow I always though those things were too heavy to move around. Mine stays put.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Mine would move too and mines are way heavy. I have it wedged inbetween the floor and the frame thing in the trunk. I takes me kicking it hard as hell from the back seat to get it to come loose. L brackets are your best bet and plus insurance will like that better. Everything needs to be bolted to the car for them to cover it.
                  Originally posted by Nikki
                  You are an e-pimp.
                  Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I tried too, my penis way too big
                  07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                  My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                  The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

mine stays put...but i also custom made the box to fit perfectly

if you use enough velcro that should work and wont need any extra holes in car

Comment

mine weighs about 80lbs total. It's sitting right at the edge of where the surface dips down right before the seats.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I'd go with velco or some sort of feet on there, stinger makes grip feet that work wonders.

Comment

your lucky if just ur subwoofer moves mine rattles a lot

Comment

interfire is correct i had a my sub put in today and they velcro it to the floor. Now it really hard to even lift the box, so i dont think it will move

Comment

My box has about a 1/4" clearance from the factory rear speaker magnets, so my box goes no where... I call it custom
                              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                              X