Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if i install HU without DIC or PAC? Need answer quick plz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if i install HU without DIC or PAC? Need answer quick plz!

what happens if i install a HU without the metra DIC or the GM PAC unit? what functionality do i lose will i lose door chimes? warning lights anything like that? or do i just lose my gas readings and that info?
    Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Re: if i install HU without DIC or PAC? Need answer quick pl

just the readout, nothing else. I dont have mine anymore, dont really miss it.

Comment

you will lose a few warnings. Low coolant, if you have TPMS you will loose that. oil life, few other warnings, the ablity to change your settings on the car IE lock functions, lights on or off with locking, horn beep when locking or unlocking. outside temp, few other things

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

see this is what i dont get people that never installed a PAC or Metra DIC say nothing bad will happen but people that paid to have the Metra DIC or PAC say if you dont get it installed you lose your door chimes and this and that to the point of even your air bags won't deploy....

i thought i had a choice with this but apparently the person i bought the Metra DIC from didnt provide me with the wiring harness and he doesn't have it and there is no way of purchasing the wiring harness itself so basically im SOL if i want the Metra DIC and my installer is doing the HU install without the DIC or PAC sooo we'll see what happens...
        Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

What HU are you putting in? I would look around for the harness, maybe someone on here has one. Why are you paying to put your unit in?
          MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

Originally posted by rickygt
            What HU are you putting in? I would look around for the harness, maybe someone on here has one. Why are you paying to put your unit in?
            it's a kenwood dnx5120 I mean the installer said he'd install the DIC later for not a bad price so yea if I can find that harness great but basically right now I'm just praying the install without the DIC is fine... I'm paying someone to do it because I have no experience doing anything like this so I didn't want to mess anything up...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

To install the DIC all he has to do is plug it in the two extra connectors that went to your stock receiver. The front speakers will not work without it. Everything else will be fine.
              Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

k can someone help me? is this installer a retard? apparently im being told he can't install the HU in the car because of the monsoon systems amp and he would need to bypass the amp in order to install it.... he's saying he can't do it without the DIC and saying that i dont have the connections for the DIC... i have no idea whats going on here and what was supposed to be drop off install and me go home happy with a sick deck has turned into a nightmare...

Comment

hes an idiot. u dont need it. evertyhing will work fine. door chimes are gone i think. thats it.
                  2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                  2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                  613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                  11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                  New numbers coming soon........

Comment

i went to pick up my car and he told me he needs to install the Metra DIC because if he doesn't there is no way to turn the monsoons systems amp on and off he said that's controlled through the computer and without the Metra DIC or the PAC module it wont be able to turn the amp on and off...

Comment

Ummmm... Wires go into the amp wires come out... the amp is in between, therefore if one were to cut the wires and splice them together hence removing the amp one would have wires directly from the HU harness to the speakers... Did this before on my Chrysler Cirrus with the factory amp. Your installer doesn't seem to know what is going on. My monsoon amp is dead, when you get it out I would like to buy it from you.
                      Progression Thread:
                      viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31257

Comment

your installer is not a knowledgable one.
                        2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                        2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                        613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                        11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                        New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Originally posted by alexbalcome
                          Ummmm... Wires go into the amp wires come out... the amp is in between, therefore if one were to cut the wires and splice them together hence removing the amp one would have wires directly from the HU harness to the speakers... Did this before on my Chrysler Cirrus with the factory amp. Your installer doesn't seem to know what is going on. My monsoon amp is dead, when you get it out I would like to buy it from you.
                          well i dont know a whole lot about the wiring aspect of sound systems and the special pontiac g6 DIC stuff but im pretty sure an amp that controls 2 rear speakers as well as 6 in the front is needed... correct me if im wrong but something needs to control the power to those... I talked to another installer last night who seems a lot more knowledgeable and he looked into the wiring diagrams and whatnot and he said it was possible without the Metra kit or PAC but he didn`t wan`t to give me a for sure yes until he saw it so im bringing it to him today after work and hopefully he can get it working...

btw thanks guys for your input so far i appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                          X