X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 inch rims?

Hi Everyone,

I've got these practically new 205/65-15 winter tires. Called up GM dealer to see if they'll fit with steeel 15 rims. They said I'd have to get them tried first? Thought they might have known!

Anyone know if this will work or will I have to get 16 rims and new tires?

Thanks

um you will need 15" wheels to fit the tires onto. And im not sure, but in pa you can only go bigger in overall size (outside diameter) for inspection.

You will have to get wheels that fit the lug pattern and have enough space to clear the brakes.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

...why wouldn't they fit? I'm confused about the question. A 15" tire should fit on a 15" rim.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Upon re-reading your question I think that you're asking if you can fit 15" steelies on the car. For that, I'm not sure.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Re: 15 inch rims?

Originally posted by magicpotion
          Hi Everyone,

I've got these practically new 205/65-15 winter tires. Called up GM dealer to see if they'll fit with steeel 15 rims. They said I'd have to get them tried first? Thought they might have known!

Anyone know if this will work or will I have to get 16 rims and new tires?

Thanks
          It should work to get you through the winter, but you do need steel wheels that fit your bolt pattern.
          5X110mm I believe.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

guess it's time to try it and see!

Thanks for the replies,

I think I'll have to get one wheel and see if it clears the brake caliper.
            Would suspension be compromised with a 15 steel rim and 205/65-15 tires?

thanks

Comment

As long as the wheel offset and the overall tire diameter remain the same as stock. There will be no problem for the car's suspension system no matter what size wheel you use. You may notice a difference in handling when using different size wheel.

Comment

Working...
              X